By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars sets day one records for the most demo downloads on Xbox Live!

blue-lady said:
Barozi said:
Signalstar said:
Reminds me of Too Human.... just saying :(

Only differences:

- Too Human only had 900k demo downloads in the first week

- 85% of the people who played the Halo Wars demo liked it

- Halo Wars already has 2 (out of 3) reviews with a score of 90

What are the two ninty's?  I only know one?

*cough* visit my review thread *cough*

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59305

Around the Network

It has halo in the name, that's why it was download it, so much, but i can tell you that much, i think some people weren't expecting RTS, that's for sure. Even if it's a great rts game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
libellule said:
I think soem people will be disapointed by Halo Wars sales ...

SFIV, RE5, and KZ2 will be bigger

SFIV's sales might disappoint you. Fighters haven't been selling very well these days no matter how good they might be.

1/ multiplateform sales >> most of the console exclusive outside some special games like MGS4/GoW/Halo3

2/ SFIV is overall very very anticipated, believe me.

SFIV >> SC4/Tekken6/all fighters

Time to Work !

good news!! It's a great game. Stop the jealousy sony fans

I couldn't really get into Halo Wars - but I do want it do well.
Checked my local Gamestop/EB stores (4) and halo wars' pre-orders doubles the amount of pre-orders for KillZone 2 still.
I think it'll sell very well.
I might still buy it and try to get into RTS games.

Around the Network

Its official, Halo Wars > KZ2 sales wise! Another triumph for MS!

What are you looking at, nerd?

Halo Wars demo was very good, i was unsure about it before the demo, i was so impressed with the demo, that i immediatley pre-ordered the limited edition afterwards (only £45 off play.com, get in)

this will annoy sony fans lol .... btw is Killzone 2 Demo is the most demo downloaded in the ps3 ? .. i dont think so.

Phobos said:
Are there any other reviews for Halo Wars than the EDGE and Game Informer review?

You won't see official reviews until Feb. 20th. If you see a review before that - not a preview but a full-fledged review - don't believe it.

libellule said:
RTS ALWAYS more hardcore than FPS

ALWAYS !!!

FPS ALWAYS more mainstream than RTS

ALWAYS !!!

Have you played the demo yet? Seriously - play it and report back to class.

OT: I will predict mediocre sales initially - 500K first week, but it will drop some and pick up. This is a game that folks will buy because it's a Halo game, but what will really, really drive sales is:

1. Bundling in Europe

2. Word of mouth

The word of mouth is really what will drive sales. Initially, the sales will disappoint some, but I am telling you - it will pick up and be a success.

Don't be fooled by the initial numbers. This game will have huge legs, and folks will hear how awesome the game is and they'll pick it up.