By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars sets day one records for the most demo downloads on Xbox Live!

What was the previous record? I know it was held by RE5...

Around the Network

I maybe mistaken, but I think it was SWtFU. No...?

Honestly, Zen has already touched on this. Killzone won't deliver to what people expect because the massive amount of hype its getting, people are already saying 1.5 million in 2 - 3 weeks. Certainly doable but what game on the PS3 has given reason to believe Killzone can do it ... *Waits for a new excuse"

I like the fact Halo Wars hasn't been hyped to the masses, not even by Microsoft themselves.

This will sell on the Halo name and word of mouth because it really is a fantastic game.

Let the battle comence!

seece said:
Honestly, Zen has already touched on this. Killzone won't deliver to what people expect because the massive amount of hype its getting, people are already saying 1.5 million in 2 - 3 weeks. Certainly doable but what game on the PS3 has given reason to believe Killzone can do it ... *Waits for a new excuse"

I like the fact Halo Wars hasn't been hyped to the masses, not even by Microsoft themselves.

This will sell on the Halo name and word of mouth because it really is a fantastic game.

Let the battle comence!

GTAIV, MGS4, World at War...

I don't think it'll do 1.5 in 3 weeks. Maybe 1.2.... :3
It'd be nice if Sony would share KZ2 demo download numbers >_>

I think soem people will be disapointed by Halo Wars sales ...

SFIV, RE5, and KZ2 will be bigger

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Killzone 2 is definitely more hardcore. Its M rated and has no auto aim or sense of humor. Halo wars is T rated and way more casual with streamlined controls for easy pick up and play with lots of quirky humor.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
seece said:

Let the battle comence!

GTAIV, MGS4, World at War...

I don't think it'll do 1.5 in 3 weeks. Maybe 1.2.... :3
It'd be nice if Sony would share KZ2 demo download numbers >_>

Well WaW didn't even break 750k first week!, GTAIV is a massive franchise as is MGS4.

RTS ALWAYS more hardcore than FPS

ALWAYS !!!

FPS ALWAYS more mainstream than RTS

ALWAYS !!!

Time to Work !

libellule said:
RTS ALWAYS more hardcore than FPS

ALWAYS !!!

FPS ALWAYS more mainstream than RTS

ALWAYS !!!

Neither are hardcore .. I don't think any sole console owner is "hardcore" that word gets throw around too much.

epinefridis said:
I don't know. I guess both of these games (though not comparable at all) are made for hardcore gamers. So, who has the most spread hardcore fan base?

It is Halo of course... but I dont think Halo Wars is so hardcore...

RTS game have an elite-gameplay reputation but IMO, this won't be the case here.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.