By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars sets day one records for the most demo downloads on Xbox Live!

Star Craft and warcraft are considered casual and have you played the halo wars demo? Its really easy to get into. Killzone's name alone gives a very hardcore image wheras Halo is already mainstream

Around the Network

I wouldn't use these stats to try and generate sales predictions. If I remember correctly, Too Human had a relatively good demo pickup rate.

JaggedSac said:
I wouldn't use these stats to try and generate sales predictions. If I remember correctly, Too Human had a relatively good demo pickup rate.

True, but this is Halo we are talking about...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

But too human's demo had an overwhelmingly negative response to the demo. It was weird attacking with the right analog stick and controling the camera with the left bumper of the contoller. It was also hard to target the enemies you actually wanted to attack, like the dude with the gernade launcher, because it kept auto targetting the guy closest to you.

Dont quite understand why people are getting so giddy about this, using demo downloads to predict sales is like saying Amazon sales = region sales. The Halo name would have had 360 owners salivating but once the demo started up it could have been "WFT is this shit" or "WOW awesome gotta get this".

We shall see if the wonderful stereotype that 360 loves shooters has any truth to it with Halo Wars, I will be honest and say people do not want a RTS but a shooter.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Dont quite understand why people are getting so giddy about this, using demo downloads to predict sales is like saying Amazon sales = region sales. The Halo name would have had 360 owners salivating but once the demo started up it could have been "WFT is this shit" or "WOW awesome gotta get this".

We shall see if the wonderful stereotype that 360 loves shooters has any truth to it with Halo Wars, I will be honest and say people do not want a RTS but a shooter.

I was more talking about the response to the demo rather than the amount it was downloaded.

So you know what the 2 million responses were? I will be kind and say you know what 20 people thought of it, do not think it is wise to generalise with that number.

RPG said:
So you know what the 2 million responses were? I will be kind and say you know what 20 people thought of it, do not think it is wise to generalise with that number.

More than that, and no I don't know what the 2 million who downloaded the dmeo thought of it, But when the vast majority really enjoyed, I'm gonna go by that.

The large amount of demo's show that there is at least a large amount of interest and curiosity in the game. A lot of times, people just want assurance that its good. People won't even download a demo if their not even interested in the game at all. There's like 300 demos on marketplace and it could take 2-3 hours to download a really big demo. Curiosity in a game is a very important factorr to a games success second only to a game actually being good.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
What was the previous record? I know it was held by RE5...

You're correct. Resident Evil 5 with 1.8 million downloads in the first week.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57046