By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Wars sets day one records for the most demo downloads on Xbox Live!

Aweomse the demo is sick and I can't wait for my pre-ordered Limited Edition to get here. I think the Mythic Map pack for Halo 3 will also boost sales.

Around the Network

i expect Halo 2 level sales

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

That is an absolutely stupid and ridiculous attempt to set the game up to fail.

The highest selling game on a console that can even come CLOSE to being called an RTS is Pikmin at 1.63 million. 

To think that this game will sell FIVE TIMES THAT is absolutely rotten.

I sincerely hope you were joking.

BenVTrigger said:
Aweomse the demo is sick and I can't wait for my pre-ordered Limited Edition to get here. I think the Mythic Map pack for Halo 3 will also boost sales.

What's in the limited edition btw?

blue-lady said:
ssj12 said:

The highest selling game on a console that can even come CLOSE to being called an RTS is Pikmin at 1.63 million. 

im not, i predict anything with Halo's name to sell well.

They could make Hello Kitty: Halo edition for girls and it would sell insanely well.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
blue-lady said:
ssj12 said:

im not, i predict anything with Halo's name to sell well.

They could make Hello Kitty: Halo edition for girls and it would sell insanely well.

So to clarify, you expect this game to sell more than FIVE TIMES ANY OTHER RTS ON CONSOLES?

Will be interesting to see whether critical reception will affect sales at all.

Just seen that gamesTM have joined Edge in awarding a 7/10, but the Halo brand is so strong.

A game magazine(one of the two big ones) here in Sweden didn't seem to like this game much, they gave it a 6/10.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

wholikeswood said:
Will be interesting to see whether critical reception will affect sales at all.

Just seen that gamesTM have joined Edge in awarding a 7/10, but the Halo brand is so strong.

Thx for the info. I'll include this review in my Halo Wars review thread.

@Naum

Could you find a link please or at least tell me the magazine's name ?

Barozi said:

@Naum

Could you find a link please or at least tell me the magazine's name ?

The name is Super Play.

the review can't be seen on their internet site yet since they want people to buy the magazine first

www.Superplay.se is the adress atleast.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints