By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whos Holding out on a cheaper PS3?

forevercloud3000 said:
Gnizmo said:
forevercloud3000 said:
and i find it hard to believe that some of u cant name at least 3 games for PS3 that u like . i would love to see what is in you library of games right now for 360 or Wii. Probably filled with multiplats :/

Thats not really a valid point. Yes, most of the people that already own a Wii or 360 will own titles that could be played on a PS3. Why buy another system to play a game that runs on your current system though? If someone owns a 360 it does niot matter that Grand Theft Auto 4, Soul Calibur 4, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc are playable on a PS3. There is no reason to spend an extra $400 to get no added games. When talking to people who own systems only games they cannot already play matter.

im not saying they anything is wrong with them owning it on the other system. Its just that when you say "Nothing on the system interests me" its very much annoying because it implies there is nothing to be had at all on the system. That is the kind of statement that fed into the whole "PS3 has no games!" mind frame. Don't forget Sony has plenty of games that warrent at LEAST a look. It just kinda feels like people try to pretend they are not interested because that creates longing for something they either cannot have or cannot get as of yet.

I don't personally own a 360 but if I did I would at least be interested in....

Mass Effect

Tales of Vesperia

Gears of War II

kind of Lost Odyssey(played it but really hate the sluggishness, would probably give it a second chance)

I would just be lying to myself if I said I wouldn't like to have those.

You're actually right. When I said there were very few games I was interested in, it was because I was only counting the exclusives. By the way, when I say I am only interested in two games, it's because those are the two games that would interest me enough for me to buy a ps3. If I actually had one, I would probably play more games that are out.

For example, in my case I have a Wii. If I didn't have a Wii, I would not be interested in buying a Wii to play Naruto: Clash of the Ninja. But since I have one and I don't need to buy a Wii+Naruto to play it, then my interest in it rises. I bought a Wii because of other games not related to Naruto. At the time, they were Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Godfather, RE4 and PES08. Those were the system sellers for me and there were enough for me to pay $250 for the system. And in this case, even though my list includes three multi-platform games, I was only interested in those games with Wii controls. They would not be that appealing for me with other controls.

Right now, the only system sellers for me are Uncharted and Valkyria Chronicles. That is not enough for me to pay $400 for a system. Since my list of System sellers is small, I would pay at most $150 for a ps3. But I already have another system that is consuming a lot of my time. I have a big list of titles that are out that I still want to play, a huge list of upcoming games that I really want to play and for that, my interest in buying another system goes down even more to a point that I would not pay more than $100 for it.

Sorry if it sounded like it doesn't have good games, it's not that. But those really amazing games that would make me want to buy it are not there.

Around the Network
Son1x said:
terislb said:
SJGohan3972 said:
I plan to buy a PS3 after the next generation of consoles comes out. Kinda like how I plan to get a PS2 this summer, and how I got a PS1 in like 2000 or 99 (not entirely sure on the date but it was late in the PS1's life)

yeah i also like that concept of buying consoles once they are no longer "current gen" you dont have to wait for anything. and you  can pick all the games you like without being influenced by any hype... although... in some cases.. it can happen that by that time some games are no longer avaiable.. or only for insane prices... (see sega saturn rpgs) while others are dirt cheap (got my fire emblem for the gc for a lousy 10€)

although this kinda  takes away the feeling of having something new and "trendy" but you dont have to bother with high prices or games that are delayed forever.. or never relased at all you can just take all that is there

I wonder how much VC will be in few years...

As for me... if it gets a huge price drop, I might buy it. Although 300€ (400€ now) for Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted is still little too much :/

I may not want to do that, but I can definitely understand it. It makes sense for certain people to want to evade the hype and high prices when a product if first released. You will probably be waiting a longer while this time around though.

Valkyria Chronicles might just pull a Heavenly Sword. Heavenly Sword is still sold at $60 at retail. Folklore is $40 and that was a release title, all the others are like 20.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I have to until the price gets down to at least the 250 range, the wife doesn’t want me to get another system (already have the wii/360/ps2 hooked up)

And since she got me a nice Sony Up scaling DVD burner I cant use the HD Blu Ray argument as effectively now----to her they all look the same

So I am stuck until they get cheap enough I can weasel her into one—hopefully they will have the price down to 300 range by Christmas and I might be able to talk her into letting me get one for Christmas

But then again I will only get the ones with BC so hopefully I will be able to find a 60 that is going strong or one of the early 80s

mesoteto said:
I have to until the price gets down to at least the 250 range, the wife doesn’t want me to get another system (already have the wii/360/ps2 hooked up)

And since she got me a nice Sony Up scaling DVD burner I cant use the HD Blu Ray argument as effectively now----to her they all look the same

So I am stuck until they get cheap enough I can weasel her into one—hopefully they will have the price down to 300 range by Christmas and I might be able to talk her into letting me get one for Christmas

But then again I will only get the ones with BC so hopefully I will be able to find a 60 that is going strong or one of the early 80s

if you can find one with BC, GREAT, snatch that one up emediately! Yet, most likely you wont find one, so dont get your hopes up. If you cant get your hands on the 60gb then simply hold on to your PS2, easy as that.

Good luck in convincing the miss lol!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

^just nervious b/c the ps2 i have is the old fat--still going strong but ehh that could die any day

(playing parasite eve at the moment)

and i know i wont be able to talk her into the ps2 and a ps3

Around the Network

I was holding out for a cheaper PS3 and almost bit on the MGS4 Bundle, but my urge cooled and I have since bought a 360 and don't really have any desire to get a PS3 now, especially if blu-ray player pricing drops faster than the PS3 price if I ever get to the point of wanting a blu-ray player.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

forevercloud3000 said:
those who say they r waiting for a slimmer version...
u do also kno the PS3 is about the same size if not smaller than the 360, right? ive got them side by side as we speak. The 360 also weighs more. Not to sound vendictive but i never heard anyone say they were holding off 4 a slim 360.

and i find it hard to believe that some of u cant name at least 3 games for PS3 that u like . i would love to see what is in you library of games right now for 360 or Wii. Probably filled with multiplats :/

I am, my core stopped reading dvds a while ago and I'm waiting for a slim to replace it.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence