By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whos Holding out on a cheaper PS3?

disolitude said:
I am.

I could afford the PS3 right now but I refuse to financially support Sony's media format domination. So I refuse to pay a premium for bluray.

I get you, and that's a very good reason. I think that's also my stand against Microsoft. I refuse to pay for their nonchalant ways of thowing poorly-manufactured, error-ridden hardware to the streets and have me,the customer, suffer the inconveniences caused by these faults and repair procedures they irresponsibly deviced to sugar-coat their deficiencies. Also, I refuse to pay a premium for online play and more hard-drive space. See, I think we're on the same page here.

Oh, I also refuse to pay to hold my breath everytime I play my console. I need my air :P

Around the Network
The said:
disolitude said:
I am.

I could afford the PS3 right now but I refuse to financially support Sony's media format domination. So I refuse to pay a premium for bluray.

I get you, and that's a very good reason. I think that's also my stand against Microsoft. I refuse to pay for their nonchalant ways of thowing poorly-manufactured, error-ridden hardware to the streets and have me,the customer, suffer the inconveniences caused by these faults and repair procedures they irresponsibly deviced to sugar-coat their deficiencies. Also, I refuse to pay a premium for online play and more hard-drive space. See, I think we're on the same page here.

Oh, I also refuse to pay to hold my breath everytime I play my console. I need my air :P

No kidding.  This is why I refused to purchase the PS1 and PS2.  Both consoles ridden with failure and crappy hardware.  Luckily Sony finally got the hardware done right this time... but it did take them 3 consoles to do it.

I'd rather pay a very small premium of $3 per month to get great quality online play for all my games than to pay a high premium for just one game like many PC gamers who like MMO's.  Plus with the added quality in games like Call of Duty, it ensures that I pick the game for the 360 since LIVE is so much better especially on multiplat games.  Glad I chose that investment over purchasing 2 Blu-Ray movies.  Now I get to stream HD content and SD content for much cheaper than even renting Blu-Ray discs or DVD's at the rental places.

Well by the time im finished with University, Blu Ray Drives will be cheap, therefore i dont really think that cheap PS3 will be attractive enough for me, i barely have time to play games on Wii/DS and that wont improve as well. No PS3 for me, well maybe if someone decides that it is a good gift ill have one.

I'm waiting until after I get a HD TV, and that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

I was thinking of buying one ps3, but the games that I was interested of her(it) all ready available in my xbox360.

The blu ray I am not interested , in addition on the market reduction sales exist brplayers more and that if they bring in remote control.

This way that my nex consoles is a wiii ..

It is a reality

Around the Network

I'm waiting for a price drop so I can offer one as a gift for someone. Probably 250-299$ is what I'm willing to spend to pick up a 3rd PS3.

forevercloud3000 said:
and i find it hard to believe that some of u cant name at least 3 games for PS3 that u like . i would love to see what is in you library of games right now for 360 or Wii. Probably filled with multiplats :/

Thats not really a valid point. Yes, most of the people that already own a Wii or 360 will own titles that could be played on a PS3. Why buy another system to play a game that runs on your current system though? If someone owns a 360 it does niot matter that Grand Theft Auto 4, Soul Calibur 4, Bioshock, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc are playable on a PS3. There is no reason to spend an extra $400 to get no added games. When talking to people who own systems only games they cannot already play matter.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Well, I never intend on buying one, but someone wants to give me their 40gb ps3 for my Wii. However, I don't know if I want to do it.

My enthusiam and sense of urgency to get a PS3 has been cut down. I think I can wait until I can get it for $200 used or new, it doesn't matter to me.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

*raises hand* with PS2 support of course.