By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whos Holding out on a cheaper PS3?

I'd probably get a slimline if it came out, so that would put me at 2. But I wouldn't get it right when it came out, I assume it would come with a price cut, and since I already have one, I'd probably wait another year after for another price cut.

also, @nightsurge
People who have multiples isn't the issue that's been brought up. When people talk about inflated sales, which is more common with the 360, it's because people have bought multiple due to failed consoles. PS3 users are more interested in having the same functionality in different rooms of the house, not replacing a broken product. There are also 360 users who will/have do/done the same, as the failure rate is much lower now, so I assume theres a lot less instances of that happening.

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
I'd probably get a slimline if it came out, so that would put me at 2. But I wouldn't get it right when it came out, I assume it would come with a price cut, and since I already have one, I'd probably wait another year after for another price cut.

also, @nightsurge
People who have multiples isn't the issue that's been brought up. When people talk about inflated sales, which is more common with the 360, it's because people have bought multiple due to failed consoles. PS3 users are more interested in having the same functionality in different rooms of the house, not replacing a broken product. There are also 360 users who will/have do/done the same, as the failure rate is much lower now, so I assume theres a lot less instances of that happening.

I'm well aware of that, thank you.  Hence the /sarcasm I used.

Although, people who claim the 360 sales are inflated to do failure don't realize that those failed consoles still end up in use in some way or another either through repair and reuse or by modding, so in both cases the sales are not really inflated at all.  The only few sales that would be inflated is if someone KEPT the broken console and did nothing with it, then bought a new one... which really is basically never the case.

I'd purchase another 360 if they dropped the price a tad and included a hard drive on the Arcade model.  That way I can enjoy netflix on both main TV's without having any computers hooked up or worry about wireless streaming.  The functionality of the 360 would probably benefit me more than having 2 PS3's, as I mostly use it for Blu-Ray and only have one HDTV.

Barozi said:
nightsurge said:
Tremble said:
I am. I'd like a second PS3 for my bedroom, but I'm waiting for this damn price cut!

Still makes me wonder just how many PSN accounts are unique, considering I'm sure thousands of them if not more are duplicates created to take advantage of different regions (UK for example) or certain games (CoD 4/5).

Yeah I have 3 PSN accounts at the moment (German, UK & US)

Maybe sometime a Japanese account will follow ^^

Exactly.  I considered creating a UK account to get the K2 demo, but I'll just wait a few weeks and play it fresh.  I hate demos because then when I get the game, I'll get to a point where I've played it before and it will not be as new/surprising.

@ disolitude and pesh
what?
u bothe sound crazy. u dont want to pay for the BD drive n the PS3 because its the future format king????

and you want Sony to come out with a better designed system that would effectively gimp all the other ones? Maybe you didnt see the Bully fiasco but altering system specs is not a good idea half way into a generation. even if it had a faster drive it wont be utilized n games because they must program for the slower ones.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
@ disolitude and pesh
what?
u bothe sound crazy. u dont want to pay for the BD drive n the PS3 because its the future format king????

and you want Sony to come out with a better designed system that would effectively gimp all the other ones? Maybe you didnt see the Bully fiasco but altering system specs is not a good idea half way into a generation. even if it had a faster drive it wont be utilized n games because they must program for the slower ones.

Thats it. I dont buy DVDs...nor do I plan to buy blurays. I actually really dislike sony for pushing their formats on to consumers. UMD sucks ass...memory stick is still overpriced...bluray is expensive as well and does nothing to enhance gaming.

People who want a mediacenter with bluray may go for the ps3 in a heart beat but Im a gamer first...

Around the Network

I was.. but now I'm rethinking it..

The only thing that I can't have on the 360 is VC and that's not enough to spend $400+ for one game.. Also the console is way to big and bulky, I wouldn't have any place to put it...

So I'm waiting for a cheaper slim model, with a much bigger and varied library and a $199 price tag

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
I was.. but now I'm rethinking it..

The only thing that I can't have on the 360 is VC and that's not enough to spend $400+ for one game.. Also the console is way to big and bulky, I wouldn't have any place to put it...

So I'm waiting for a cheaper slim model, with a much bigger and varied library and a $199 price tag

hopefully a year after PS4 is out you might get it at that price,,,keep your fingers crossed though ;)

I'm actually waiting for a $99 price tag. Since I already have one system, I just don't see the need for another. But if it gets to that price at some point, then I may actually buy it.

i'll probably pick one up when it is $200. by then should have a good backlog of games to play finally and possibly blu ray's cheaper. (and backlog is opinion of games i like, so don't come in listing some "amazing" games you like)

another reason for some of my friends to wait is... to see of all those games that are supposed to be released in 2009 will really be relased.. or ..as is already the case with ff 13 will come in 2010