By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 has the edge over PS3

thekitchensink said:
Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

What?  It's a spot on statement to make.  You have to eliminate Nintendo from the argument of sales when it comes to 360 and PS3, otherwise the Wii is always the elephant in the room that says, "it doesn't matter how well the also-rans will do....Nintendo has this generation in the bag."

That isn't a fanboy sentiment...but just the sentiment of one who understands the numbers of this generation.

Around the Network

I think ignoring the Wii is a massive mistake because it will lead you to conclusions which are incorrect ...

If you look at the library of upcoming games for the PS3 and XBox 360 you could say that both console manufacturers are "Preaching to the Converted" and only (really) appealing to their base. With that in mind, I highly doubt the next "Guitar Hero" is going to be born on either system, and neither system will have the appeal to branch out to mainstream gamers regardless of where they price the system.

Wow, that article successfully brought nothing new to the table! Brilliant!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So this guy confirms what I've been suspecting about many gaming sites:

"You can’t deny the fact that Microsoft has a lot of advertising deals with certain gaming and news sites, which means they have more control over who says what and what people hear"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

super_etecoon said:
thekitchensink said:

What? It's a spot on statement to make. You have to eliminate Nintendo from the argument of sales when it comes to 360 and PS3, otherwise the Wii is always the elephant in the room that says, "it doesn't matter how well the also-rans will do....Nintendo has this generation in the bag."

That isn't a fanboy sentiment...but just the sentiment of one who understands the numbers of this generation.

Exactly.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
thekitchensink said:

What?  It's a spot on statement to make.  You have to eliminate Nintendo from the argument of sales when it comes to 360 and PS3, otherwise the Wii is always the elephant in the room that says, "it doesn't matter how well the also-rans will do....Nintendo has this generation in the bag."

Because THIS IS THE TRUTH!

Simply ignoring the success of the Wii, because the close race of the two losers is so much more awesome, that is called denial. 

nice article, and i agree with all your points.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

blazinhead89 said:
libellule said:
most of the article is ... RIGHT

I would just add that the next Xbox360 pricedrop will not move significatively more console that the next ps3 price cut du to only 1 thing : Xbox360 is already quite cheap ...

Exactly. Further price drops on an already Mass Market price console wont have as big an effect. PS3 is still NOT mass Market. And as we saw for the 1st half of 08. People are willing to pay that bit extra for a PS3 over a 360

But then you have to wonder, how much longer will it be before people start realising that 85-90% (not an accurate figure) of their favourite franchises from last gen are also on the cheaper 360 (you don't have to be a gaming website lurker to notice the same box art on the 360 shelf as the PS3 shelf).

So I think the people still holding onto the Playstation brand name are evaporating (or buying) and eventually it'll be a purely software battle and which one is cheaper. Of course the brand name thing can definitely last longer if sony drops prices, but if it doesn't within the next 6 months, I'd say that it will definitely lose to the 360 (and of course, the Wii) regardless of what's coming out software wise.

blazinhead89 said:
libellule said:
most of the article is ... RIGHT

I would just add that the next Xbox360 pricedrop will not move significatively more console that the next ps3 price cut du to only 1 thing : Xbox360 is already quite cheap ...

Exactly. Further price drops on an already Mass Market price console wont have as big an effect. PS3 is still NOT mass Market. And as we saw for the 1st half of 08. People are willing to pay that bit extra for a PS3 over a 360

But the problem is, the Wii (and to a lesser extent the Xbox 360) is soaking up all the casuals, and the Xbox 360 is taking all the hard and medium-core at their current affordable price-points.

By the time the PS3 makes it to a mass market price point all those who would have purchased it will have a console.

what a lot of crap lmao. The ps3 is a price cut away from outselling the 360. thats all it needs to do.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st