By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 has the edge over PS3

Two words: Well, duh!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Cheat1011 said:
kjj4t9rdad said:

plus, the 360 has reached its peak, as far as sales.  Check history, the third year is almost always the best year for any succesful console.  Last year was the 360's 3rd year and this year is the PS3 and the Wii's 3rd year.

The ONLY advantage the 360 has is price.   Everything else is a advantage to the PS3.

That definitely explains why the 360 is up Y.O.Y and the PS3 is down Y.O.Y.

no the end 2007 PS3 MSRP price cut and the end 2008 X360 MSRP price cut explains it better imo.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

the question is do people see more value on a ps3 at US$200 then they see on a 360 arcade at US$150? people see more value on the nintendo wii then on the 360 right now. Anyway what MS is doeng is the same thing they do in every business they get into and it wont end good for consumers (gamers) if they succed

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

thekitchensink said:
Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

I think he means Nintendo hasn't cut their price... because there's been no need.

Alterego-X said:
super_etecoon said:
thekitchensink said:
Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

What?  It's a spot on statement to make.  You have to eliminate Nintendo from the argument of sales when it comes to 360 and PS3, otherwise the Wii is always the elephant in the room that says, "it doesn't matter how well the also-rans will do....Nintendo has this generation in the bag."

That isn't a fanboy sentiment...but just the sentiment of one who understands the numbers of this generation.

Because THIS IS THE TRUTH!

Simply ignoring the success of the Wii, because the close race of the two losers is so much more awesome, that is called denial. 

Well, apparently you don't understand what everyone is saying then. I'll simplify...

I claim to be better at basketball than my friend, because I can usually beat him 1 on 1. And someone else wanders onto the court and says "If doesn't matter! Kobe can beat you both!"

That's not the discussion. Yes, Kobe could destroy either of us... or both of us at once... So he doesn't even enter the discussion, it's a foregone conclusion. Same for the Wii. Yes, Wii wins. We know that. It's not denial. Denial would be to mention the Wii as a "possible winner." Not mentioning the Wii is ackowledging that it's on a different level.

Around the Network

"..Microsoft has come hard this generation with an early start and has continued to compete and outdo Sony, sales wise, despite the 140m+ fan base Sony had last generation."

Because its all about the 8 million more Xbox360 owners. I just find it hard to believe that Sony's doing alot worst than MS just from 8 million people. PS3 isnt that far behind with the price its at.

Serious_frusting said:
what a lot of crap lmao. The ps3 is a price cut away from outselling the 360. thats all it needs to do.

I remember when people first started saying that. I believe the PS3 was $599 at the time, and it's price came spiraling down at an unprecedented rate. (it's already cut it's price more than the 360)

V-r0cK said:
"..Microsoft has come hard this generation with an early start and has continued to compete and outdo Sony, sales wise, despite the 140m+ fan base Sony had last generation."

Because its all about the 8 million more Xbox360 owners. I just find it hard to believe that Sony's doing alot worst than MS just from 8 million people. PS3 isnt that far behind with the price its at.

It's not about 8 million people. It's about going from a 115 million unit advantage last generation to being 8 million behind now. And rising. That's a 123 million unit swing from last gen. That's huge.

Jereel Hunter said:
V-r0cK said:

It's not about 8 million people. It's about going from a 115 million unit advantage last generation to being 8 million behind now. And rising. That's a 123 million unit swing from last gen. That's huge.

Well then something's wrong with these people because you cant honestly believe that Sony will continue to dominate as they did last gen unless the competitors are still dumb and didnt learn from their experience.  As we can see, MS and Nintendo learned alot from their previous gen and utilized it.  Did these people think that regardless of MS and Nintendo's plan, Sony will dominate just because they did last gen?

The playstation 3 does what no console at it's price point has done before it. Sell as well as the competition despite being twice as expensive. That's just my thoughts on it.

Check out my game about moles ^