By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 has the edge over PS3

So in order to trust this article I have to believe that all programmers are lazy and only want to make games that are "good enough", so choose the 360. Okay, so let me try to follow-this...

Forget the Wii and realize that no programmers could possibly achieve greatness on the 360 so only settle for mediocrity. Check.

Then if we believe other forum goers comments; a price cut now wouldn't help the 360 any because absolutely NO ONE in the world would buy a 360 if it was cheaper. Check.

SO the only logical conclusion is that the Playstation 3 is the only system capable of allowing programmers to achieve their dreams and therefore deserves it's high price. Also the Wii doesn't exist. HOW STUPID I've been till now! How could I not have seen this all sooner??

Around the Network

Most of the article makes sense. However the most important point is an assumption that M$ can drop the price once more to $150. If they can do that then truly Sony has no chance of catching them. Apart from that in terms of the quality of software, Sony can compete toe to toe with M$. I think this gen its more going to be defined by the cost of the console then anything else.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

great article : a xbox arcade at 150$ would be my choice for a new console...

The advertising thing I do agree with. I saw my first adverts for both Motorstorm 2 and LBP 2 days ago. They have been out ages, where was the marketing for those at launch.

Although I think the PS3 is destined for 3rd place now, it doesnt mean the console doesnt have lots to offer. There is definately games that are great to own in their library.

I haven't forgotten about Nintendo.

Around the Network

Yeah the 360 is really attractive right now

我是广州人

This is flaming hot

thekitchensink said:
Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

Bingo. You can't act as the two of them are competing in a vacuum. Sony would, perhaps, be in a better position with no Wii running around. A subtle act of great arrogance that only a suspicious Nintendo fanboy would notice

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

kjj4t9rdad said:

plus, the 360 has reached its peak, as far as sales.  Check history, the third year is almost always the best year for any succesful console.  Last year was the 360's 3rd year and this year is the PS3 and the Wii's 3rd year.

The ONLY advantage the 360 has is price.   Everything else is a advantage to the PS3.

That definitely explains why the 360 is up Y.O.Y and the PS3 is down Y.O.Y.

This article is just biased crap.

First it states Sony needs more than a price cut than talks mostly about pricing the entire article making it so that it reads as that's pretty much all they need.

They also fail at the fact the PS2 has only sold 127m and seems to try to paint a picture that the 360 has all the best RPGs, shooters, and casual games.. there is a major hole here... like the fact most RPGs have failed to live up to what they should have, shooters are a dime a dozen (yes the 360 has great shooters but so does the PS3 and Wii), casual games is Sony and Nintendo's game, and there are other genres than the three.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453