By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 has the edge over PS3

Posted by Admin on 02 7th, 2009

Xbox 360 Has The Edge Over PlayStation 3

Despite what everyone thinks about the PlayStation 3 being expensive and in need of a price cut to make it a “reasonable” buy, Sony might need a lot more than a price cut to catch up to Microsoft’s Xbox 360.

Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn’t) and just looking at what advantages Microsoft has over Sony, Sony looks to be in a pickle.  Microsoft has come hard this generation with an early start and has continued to compete and outdo Sony, sales wise, despite the 140m+ fan base Sony had last generation. Microsoft seems to be playing their cards right this time around.

Microsoft has the price advantage going into a new year, but they also can drop the price a second time leaving them at $150. That alone will put a dent in Sony’s hopes and dreams. The Xbox at $150? And with a wide variety of casual games, RPG’s, and shooters to fill any gamers’ needs? It’s a dream come true! The PlayStation 3 needs a price cut early this year to be more attractive to more people with the bad position our economy is currently in.

Another advantage would be that the 360 is far easier to develop for. Although the PS3 is more powerful, a lot of developers out there are lazy and just want to make a game that is “good enough” and not try to surpass the ordinary. This is why the 360 is the platform of choices for a lot of them.

Microsoft all together is in a better position than Sony right now, and I’m not saying Sony isn’t in a good position. It’s just that Microsoft is in a better one. On top of that Microsoft has marketed their console till no tomorrow and the message is already out there that Xbox 360 is cheap, has the best online service as of now, and the list goes on.

Sony really needs to get their act together because not only does Microsoft have the advantage, they also have the money, and money equals power, and power equals control. You can’t deny the fact that Microsoft has a lot of advertising deals with certain gaming and news sites, which means they have more control over who says what and what people hear. Sony needs to begin to market their consoles and games as well as Microsoft if they plan to catch up to the 360 this generation. They need to start it off with their big hitter Killzone 2 which launched in just a few weeks now.

Right now Microsoft’s advantage is clear, it is obvious that they have what it takes to compete in the gaming industry and will continue to provide us gamers with a great gaming machine. Let’s just hope (almost a guarantee) that their next console will be more reliable.

http://www.thegameraccess.com/2009/02/xbox-360-has-the-edge-over-playstation-3/

(My thoughts)I dont think they should Count Sony out yet,PS3 is still selling well with the 400$ console,and a pricecut may just help.

Around the Network

Superb article and SOOO true!

I dont think MS can afford having the arcade at 149.99 I mean are they making enough money off the arcade model to warranty such a move? I can see the other models dropping in price but not the arcade

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

most of the article is ... RIGHT

I would just add that the next Xbox360 pricedrop will not move significatively more console that the next ps3 price cut du to only 1 thing : Xbox360 is already quite cheap ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
I dont think MS can afford having the arcade at 149.99 I mean are they making enough money off the arcade model to warranty such a move? I can see the other models dropping in price but not the arcade

well i read an article that said that ms is breaking even with the last price cut but i dont know if it was true. that means that they are not winning or losing money right?. i dont remember were i read it.

ShadowSoldier said:

Microsoft software sales can cover the losses

libellule said:
most of the article is ... RIGHT

I would just add that the next Xbox360 pricedrop will not move significatively more console that the next ps3 price cut du to only 1 thing : Xbox360 is already quite cheap ...

Exactly. Further price drops on an already Mass Market price console wont have as big an effect. PS3 is still NOT mass Market. And as we saw for the 1st half of 08. People are willing to pay that bit extra for a PS3 over a 360

This article fails at everything in life, and is sentenced to advertise Sony products for 2 years.

thekitchensink said:
Realized the writer was a fanboy here:

"Forgetting about Nintendo (who hasn't)"

Promptly stopped reading.

Beat me to it.