By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FPS haters due to dual analog control!

One thing I noticed with my cousin.... He was too damn frustrated to play CoD because he couldn't get used to using the input instead of one to move properly...

I don't get it... Seriously....

Wii controls make the game way too easy... It's like playing on PC when you just point and click to shoot... Some people for some reason just don't even bother to "attempt" getting used to dual analog controls. The moment they try and think it feels wierd or it's hard they give up...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Roma said:
Esa-Petteri said:
amp316 said:
Actually aiming and pointing could be more immersive than say, aiming by moving your thumb.

Good for you if you feel that way. For me, it is just the same.

@dark ghost boy

There is nothing realistic about pointing to a tv screen with a remote or using a analog stick. Nothing.

Actually you wouldn’t be more immersed even if you held a real gun :P

Not unless I was in a tub.  Right? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kantor said:

Go play CoD4 on PS3 or 360 and see if you can tell me consoles cannot handle FPS games with a straight face.

I personally think Wii FPS controls are extremely annoying. My hand isn't steady enough.

That comes with practice. When I first started playing corruption I was on the medium sensitivity and all over the place. By mid way threw I was on the highest setting and wishing I could get more sensitivity.

Esa-Petteri said:
Roma said:
Esa-Petteri said:
amp316 said:
Actually aiming and pointing could be more immersive than say, aiming by moving your thumb.

@dark ghost boy

There is nothing realistic about pointing to a tv screen with a remote or using a analog stick. Nothing.

Actually you wouldn’t be more immersed even if you held a real gun :P

You as a swede should know, you propably haven't hold a gun in your life. :)

@amp316

Yes, that is how I feel. It is the same, both are just toys.

lol living in Sweden does not make me Swedish I can still come from other parts of the world you know.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Esa-Petteri said:
amp316 said:

@dark ghost boy

you are also pointing at the enemie's head most of the times, which is more realistic instead of sitting on a sofa and hitting a button  :  P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Another thing. You think the Conduit will sell Halo/Killzone levels? No, it'll be lucky to cross 2 million. Wii owners are not waiting for an FPS, because the large majority of Wii owners strongly dislike FPS. Look at World at War. The PS3 version's sold 5 times as much as the Wii version, the 360 version 7 times as much.

What people like you don't realize is that this happens mostly because of the demographics of 360 and PS3 gamers being in the 18 to 24 range. These are usually gamers living at home and have the money to support a bigger gaming habit. You'd be surprised at how many HD gamers still live at home at any age(my two brothers). You can do that if you don't have bills and a family to support. Not to say that all HD gamers are still living at home.

Destiny Blade said:
Hmm...

I have Red Steel for the Wii and COD4 for both HD systems. I have to go with the dual sticks, because Red Steel was horrible. After playing that game, I don't know how people could think the Wii is best for FPS's.

I never played Red Steel because of that reason. However, you should try corruption. The controls are light years better than the dual sticks. Don't judge the wii mote on one bad stlye. Remember, Red steel was just one of the first RTS attempts with the wii mote.

Aquietguy said:
Destiny Blade said:
Hmm...

I have Red Steel for the Wii and COD4 for both HD systems. I have to go with the dual sticks, because Red Steel was horrible. After playing that game, I don't know how people could think the Wii is best for FPS's.

I never played Red Steel because of that reason. However, you should try corruption. The controls are light years better than the dual sticks. Don't judge the wii mote on one bad stlye. Remember, Red steel was just one of the first RTS attempts with the wii mote.

you mean FPS not RTS ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Wii fans become strangely intolerant of different opinions when it comes to controls. Why can't you understand that some people just prefer a gamepad. I have a computer right in front of me that I could play many of my games on if I so choose, but I don't because I prefer a gamepad. I own a Wii and have played RE4, I still prefer a gamepad. Get over it.

Barozi said:
I love it when Wii fanboys (and yeah I've spotted at least 2 of them here) claim the superiority of the Wii controls in shooters.

In fact it might be even true, but it's always coming from guys who suck at playing FPS with normal controlers.

Just accept it that there are MANY gamers who could kick your asses in every FPS. (I'm not denying that the average Wii gamer is probably able to beat an average PS360 gamer)
It is superior to dual analogs. It's not even close. I'll take my chances with the wii mote any time of day with confidence.