By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FPS haters due to dual analog control!

whorenraged said:

I realized that games like Halo and Prey, would please to me if these games had Wii controls.

Anyone else get's to love FPS's with Wii controls? Or it is just me?

Happy posting :)

Just about every fps on PC has wii controls, if you just know how to use your wiimote on PC. ;)

Personally I still prefer mouse however, its more accurate and a bit easier to use.

Around the Network

Some like analogs, some like IR, seriously get over yourselves people.

You really think anyone is going to take you guys seriously wen you try to force feed this "Wii controls = Superior" bullshit into peoples heads? People are going to have differing opinions and you need to learn to deal with it.

I hear Wii fans say so many time that they are sick of hearing people talk down their graphics, well, we are sick of hearing this opinionated bullshit about the controls. That is precisely what it is, opinion. If it was the wide spread truth, sales should reflect that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Torillian said:
Wii fans become strangely intolerant of different opinions when it comes to controls. Why can't you understand that some people just prefer a gamepad. I have a computer right in front of me that I could play many of my games on if I so choose, but I don't because I prefer a gamepad. I own a Wii and have played RE4, I still prefer a gamepad. Get over it.

come on, we don't become intolerant, it's obvious that it's impossible for 100% of people no to have the same opinion

but after playing a couple of Wii FPS and then try a PS3 FPS, it seems boring to us

(runs away)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Barozi said:
I love it when Wii fanboys (and yeah I've spotted at least 2 of them here) claim the superiority of the Wii controls in shooters.

In fact it might be even true, but it's always coming from guys who suck at playing FPS with normal controlers.

Just accept it that there are MANY gamers who could kick your asses in every FPS. (I'm not denying that the average Wii gamer is probably able to beat an average PS360 gamer)

If you're counting me in your group of analog wanabees I'm afraid you are mistaken. Do you remember the final scene of Quigley Down Under when Tom Selleck has gunned down the three men who figured he was helpless without his preferred rifle. Standing over one of his surprised dying victims he says "I said I never had much use for them, I never said I couldn't use one".

I've played countless hours of FPS with dual analog controllers and I was perfectly competent with them. Since there was no online play it wasn't possible to test my skills on today's level but among my peers I certainly held my own. I never particularly liked the controllers even then, which is why I switched to the PC. I preferred, first the mouse and keyboard and later the Belkin specialized FPS hand controller.  I played a LOT of Call of Duty 1,2 and United Offensive and did fairly well.

I am now playing CoD WaW on the Wii and looking forward to Conduit and the other games down the road. Having played all of the different methods, I personally am sold that the Wii is far better than any other control system with the exception of the future Motion Plus.

Does that make me a fanboy? I don't think so. It's just my opinion. If you prefer the Xbox360 or the PS3 because the controls are familiar to you or the HD graphics are important to your game experience, it's fine by me. Have fun and don't be so quick to be dismissive of those whose taste happens to be different.

Well, it's a -fact- that FPS games control better on Wii, and on a PC, for that matter. Anyone claiming any different is just a biased fanboy. You can -like- dual analog controls, but saying they're better than IR pointer motion controls is just plain silly. Yes you can be extremely skilled with dual analog, but the simple truth is that Wii's FPS controls (if done right), are just superior.
And I totally agree with dark_gh0st_b0y in saying that the HD consoles' dual analog FPS controls are more outdated than Wii's graphical capabilities.
The rabids fanboys can flame all they want, I don't care, it's just a truth that can't be denied.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Well, it's a -fact- that FPS games control better on Wii, and on a PC, for that matter. Anyone claiming any different is just a biased fanboy. You can -like- dual analog controls, but saying they're better than IR pointer motion controls is just plain silly. Yes you can be extremely skilled with dual analog, but the simple truth is that Wii's FPS controls (if done right), are just superior.
And I totally agree with dark_gh0st_b0y in saying that the HD consoles' dual analog FPS controls are more outdated than Wii's graphical capabilities.
The rabids fanboys can flame all they want, I don't care, it's just a truth that can't be denied.

If it's a fact then prove it.  Give me evidence other than "I like IR more" and conjecture about the reasons why it should be better.  Show me how you are going to prove an opinion.

Is it possible to play MP3 with the WiiZapper?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Cheebee said:

I agree.

Wii graphics are on par with last gen (a bit superior...)

PS360 controls are on par with... PSONE  x____X

No, Torillian, you show me proof they're not superior. If I really, truly have to explain to anyone why pixel-perfect Wii or PC controls are superior to old analog controls, they had better educate themselves first.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Anyone tried the Nyko Perfect Shot yet?

Should I get that for Wii FPS games or the WiiZapper?

Currently playing: