By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FPS haters due to dual analog control!

Grampy said:
I would have to agree with the statement that dual analog controllers can control a FPS fine. I just don't care for the experience because handling a character with that type of controller reduces you to being an electronic puppet master. The Wii control system, when well executed, brings you into the game in an immersive way I can never experience with the older style controls.

With the addition of motion plus and the improved accuracy and responsiveness, I cannot believe that anyone will argue that it is not the best FPS control ever.

Well actually I can because there are people that would argue about the sun rising in the East and setting in the West where the Wii is concerned because to ever admit it was better at anything would make their heads explode.

For me, the IR isn't accurate enough.  It's not more "immersive" to me because it still just works like a mouse.  You aren't pointing at where you want to shoot in most games, and even if a game calibrates it has accuracy problems.   Motion plus isn't going to change the IR controls.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
whorenraged said:
Kantor said:
whorenraged said:
kber81 said:

Maybe Wii's fps looks a bit worse than ps2's but with superior controls game gains entirely new dimension... but new dimension of what? This argument is getting older and older. Why noone plays shooters on wii then?

I wonder how many multiplatform gamers decided to pick up copy of CoD:WaW Wii over X360's or PS3's. I say lol. Dual stick isn't a perfect solution - sure but it's good enough to secure comfortable gaming. Personally I prefer to sit (lay) on the sofa than hump over 17" monitor despite fact mouse/keyboard is much smoother combination.

Well, no they don't lulz!!!

And people don't play FPS on the Wii because we ware waiting for the Conduit. CoD5 is doing good also, but FPS's on the Wii already didn't got that Halo and Killzone status...

Like there's no platformer or casual game in x360 that is worth mentioning...

Viva Pinata, Banjo-Kazooie, Dance Dance Revolution, Lips, You're In The Movies.

Like I said thay don't worth mentioning... The mediocre sales of those titles says it all!

I was waiting for you to say something along these lines.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=call%20of%20duty:%20world%20at%20war&console=&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

CoD:WaW sold way better on PS360 than Wii! The PS360 versions are clearly better!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6969&region=All

Not even a 2 million seller? How can you say it's better than Resistance with 3.5 million, and Halo 3 with over 9 million?!

And just look at No More Heroes! Not even 400k sales! The Godfather sold 870k on PS2, it's clearly better!'

Sales =/= quality. Seriously. NMH is better than The Godfather, and you claim that Wii FPS games are far better than those on other consoles. Then why don't they sell, if sales = quality?

I'm am not discussing quality, but gameplay!!! Jeez!!!

whorenraged said:
Kantor said:
whorenraged said:
Kantor said:
whorenraged said:
kber81 said:

Maybe Wii's fps looks a bit worse than ps2's but with superior controls game gains entirely new dimension... but new dimension of what? This argument is getting older and older. Why noone plays shooters on wii then?

I wonder how many multiplatform gamers decided to pick up copy of CoD:WaW Wii over X360's or PS3's. I say lol. Dual stick isn't a perfect solution - sure but it's good enough to secure comfortable gaming. Personally I prefer to sit (lay) on the sofa than hump over 17" monitor despite fact mouse/keyboard is much smoother combination.

Well, no they don't lulz!!!

And people don't play FPS on the Wii because we ware waiting for the Conduit. CoD5 is doing good also, but FPS's on the Wii already didn't got that Halo and Killzone status...

Like there's no platformer or casual game in x360 that is worth mentioning...

Viva Pinata, Banjo-Kazooie, Dance Dance Revolution, Lips, You're In The Movies.

Like I said thay don't worth mentioning... The mediocre sales of those titles says it all!

I was waiting for you to say something along these lines.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?&results=50&name=call%20of%20duty:%20world%20at%20war&console=&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&boxart=Both&showdeleted=&region=All&alphasort=

CoD:WaW sold way better on PS360 than Wii! The PS360 versions are clearly better!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6969&region=All

Not even a 2 million seller? How can you say it's better than Resistance with 3.5 million, and Halo 3 with over 9 million?!

And just look at No More Heroes! Not even 400k sales! The Godfather sold 870k on PS2, it's clearly better!'

Sales =/= quality. Seriously. NMH is better than The Godfather, and you claim that Wii FPS games are far better than those on other consoles. Then why don't they sell, if sales = quality?

I'm am not discussing quality, but gameplay!!! Jeez!!!

What?

The quality of a game is decided mostly by its gameplay, right? There's graphics, sound, presentation, and lasting appeal, but that's less important.

Now, all of the versions have the same lasting appeal, right? And you'd expect the PS360 to have better graphics, sound and presentation. Now, you're saying the Wii version has the best gameplay, and yet isn't the best version?

What?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Same here! So I'm not the only one. I hate the idea of FPS on the PS3 because the controls always make it so hectic, but on the Wii it makes it easier to handle.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I never liked dual analog even before the Wii. I would always play FPS on PC instead. There are a few games I made exceptions for because they interested me alot(resistance 2 is one). Also here we go again with the MP3 comparisons. MP3 is an Action-Adventure it is not comparable to Action games(Halo CoD). You could compare the interface because they are both first person, but anything else would be like comparing an Elder Scrolls game to Halo or Call of Duty. Also did any of you guys customize the control options or just leave it on standard settings?

Around the Network
Roma said:
@whorenraged why did you hide the old-dated control part? I mean you are free to say the truth ;)

No, that is not the case always.

well im not a shooter fan, i played shooters a bit in the past on the PC, therefore dual analog control was always a bit of a challenge for me, and to be perfectly honest i never been good in shooter games (especially console ones).

I really prefer Wii control in shooters (and CoD:WaW is really fun) its just more intuitive, but at the end of the day thats not the genre of my choice.

I love it when Wii fanboys (and yeah I've spotted at least 2 of them here) claim the superiority of the Wii controls in shooters.

In fact it might be even true, but it's always coming from guys who suck at playing FPS with normal controlers.

Just accept it that there are MANY gamers who could kick your asses in every FPS. (I'm not denying that the average Wii gamer is probably able to beat an average PS360 gamer)

It will be interesting to see what the control schemes for the next generation of consoles are. I can't see Sony and MS sticking with there current control schemes after losing this generation so badly to inferior hardware with innovative controls.

Actually aiming is more fun and immersive than aiming with an analog stick. The controls on the Wii for FPS are superior to dual analog. Play MP3, COD:WAW, or MOH: H2 on the Wii and you'll see if I'm right. You'll never want to play dual analog again. It's like trying to play a shooter with a single analog stick after playing with dual analogs. Get with the times you dinosaurs. :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger