By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Heavenly Sword Footage: I said "Wow"

stof said:
PersianPrince35 said:
gebx said:
stof said:
"Look, it's the enemy! Lets amass our forces and stand in her general vicinity!" :)

Looks gorgeous!

This game gets a 5 but when it's release on the 360 the AI will be better and then it will be a 10! (Please don't quote me if you don't get the reference... I'm being sarcastic)

Actually it will absolutely never come out on 360 you idiot because it is made by SONY!!! just like Halo will never come out on PS3. Wow....

@persian - I might not get the joke either but come on! It's right in his post!

@ persian prince: HE WAS JOKING, he was refering to the joke that sony defense site made

@stof: hes referring to when the sony defense site said  about bioshock. THey gave it a 5/10 and said "once the game is polished and put on a blue ray disc, it will actually be a good game" (not exact words) so pretty much hes making fun of how sony fanboys think that bioshock is coming to ps3 (it could) and how they gave it a very low rating but only because its not for ps3

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

What everyone seems to miss is that it actually takes more AI to have the enemy stand/strafe around waiting to strike than it does to just have them rush at you and attack.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

i sed Holy sh*t when it first started :|

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
Andir said:
What everyone seems to miss is that it actually takes more AI to have the enemy stand/strafe around waiting to strike than it does to just have them rush at you and attack.

if  (amountattacking = = 2){
       stand_near = 1;
 }

if  (amountstanding = = 5) {
      strafe_around = 1;
 }

/sarc :)

I think it looks really nice. As far as concerns over AI goes... If I was a bad guy fighting her I would let my comrades go into the whirling mass of blades first too, that pretty intelligent. Nothing artificial about it. :P

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Game even at the easy mode is quite difficult with 2-3 enemies attacking at the same time .You cant have 15 enemies attacking at the same time ,that would be unplayable .

As for the graphics it looks gorgeous .

I will buy this game ,I was going to buy Lair and this one but if Lair is confirmed to be mediocre or boring I will have to buy HS and another game ...maybe Stranglehold .

outlawauron said:
kn said:
Is this game going to have split screen co-op like the dynasty/samurai warriors series of games or is it strictly one player?

This game isn't like DW or SW at all. Its fighting system is much more similar to God of War and Devil May Cry. It's one player only.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Why do you expect ten people to attack Nariko at the same time? It takes room to swing a sword, they'd just get in each others way. 1-3 people engaging her at once seems right to me. 

The game does look stunning. The environments are beautiful, as is Nariko herself. Even my straight female friend has said she is hot. I've played the demo at her house and I really like the combat. It was really fun throwing dead bodies into other enemies. :)

Ryuzaki said:

Why do you expect ten people to attack Nariko at the same time? It takes room to swing a sword, they'd just get in each others way. 1-3 people engaging her at once seems right to me. 

Was just about to mention that.

In fact even 3 people fighting one person using swords is meant be unbalancing and offputting for the threesome (they don't know when to lunge and they crowd into each other).

Obviously that would just be ridiculous 15 people attacking at once.....theres no room!! some would have to jump off a high wall and attack her from the air, and some could crawl under their companions legs and attack from below.......I mean come on!!!

It might be very difficult to put that much AI into the game, but so far it looks like the ones who aren't fighting are circling around, looking for openings, so in that respect it looks quite realistic.

And this is how a new God of War is born . This is what I like about Sony , there are games on there consoles from every genre , from shooters to strategy games , everything is represented on there systems :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!