By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Heavenly Sword Footage: I said "Wow"

if memory serves, i recall previewers actually complaining on how complex the fighting system is, something about memorizing too many things. how can he even compare HS to dynasty warriors which is clearly a button masher. agreed calm down ckmlb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

First day buy confirmed. I also think this game has some of the best scenery since the first Prince of Persia: Sand of Time.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Look like a very solid beat em up, kinda reminds me Rygar :D tho the enemy seem a bit stupid sometimes, but I can't complain when there are so many of them :P And +1 to whoeve said the environments look gorgeus.

this game looks amazing...

Cant wait till Assassins Creed!

gebx said:
stof said:
"Look, it's the enemy! Lets amass our forces and stand in her general vicinity!" :)

Looks gorgeous!

This game gets a 5 but when it's release on the 360 the AI will be better and then it will be a 10! (Please don't quote me if you don't get the reference... I'm being sarcastic)

Actually it will absolutely never come out on 360 you idiot because it is made by SONY!!! just like Halo will never come out on PS3. Wow....

Around the Network
PersianPrince35 said:
gebx said:
stof said:
"Look, it's the enemy! Lets amass our forces and stand in her general vicinity!" :)

Looks gorgeous!

This game gets a 5 but when it's release on the 360 the AI will be better and then it will be a 10! (Please don't quote me if you don't get the reference... I'm being sarcastic)

Actually it will absolutely never come out on 360 you idiot because it is made by SONY!!! just like Halo will never come out on PS3. Wow....

@persian - I might not get the joke either but come on! It's right in his post!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:

Looks gorgeous!

I'm guilty of not seeing any videos prior to this one, and i imagine the AI is improved elsewhere.. but those were pretty much my thoughts when seeing this one

-- beautiful scenery,
 -- enemies watching rather than fighting

ballsonyourchin said:
The game looks great but the fighting system sucks for one thing, if they gave lair and warhawk such low scores this games is going to bomb. DMC has such a better fighing system it makes this game play like crap.
 You could wait for Lair to be reviewed after they fix the problems, not that a few reviews mean much anyway.  Oh, and no one has reviewed Warhawk, and those that have played it have almost universally liked it.  Shut up. 

i needed to vent after seeing the latest sales numbers. sorry gebx

Gorgeous!! And as someone said I too found it reminiscent of the first Prince Of Persia. Although the enemies do look a bit dumb. I mean even in Twilight Princes when there were FOUR Darknuts they all attacked at once [which was such a b*tch!!].

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers