By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you still seeing the Wii as the "kiddy" console?

Dromafett said:
If we say wii is casual we would been saying PS2 is a kiddy console...
"Usually people who say the Wii is kiddy are just butthurt PS3 fans or 'roid raging 360 frat boys."

The casual/hardcore thoughs are a just a way to express the frustration from HD consoles users*coughigncough*. We all know PS2 was the most sucesfull console cause of its HUGE software library and guess what.... Wii is getting most of developers attention. Also the economic crisis will make devs think twice before they even think about making a big tittle for PS360.

Just watch the hardcore tittles coming for wii this year. Third partys are moving their projects. 2009 is a sneak peak of what is coming in the next years.

Casual or not, most of games are being developed for Wii, and as a result it will become in the next supermassive system and is going to outsell PS3 just like DS is outselling PSP.

If this truth ruin your life... well im sorry but those are facts like it or not...

Yeah no one wants to make games for the PS3 and XBox anymore.  All the big publishers said it, and then they fired all those PS3 and XBox game makers.

Around the Network

erm yh, i dont know why. i know that the wii is getting a few "hardcore" game. but whenever i think of the Wii i just get a image on some spoilt little brat swinging the wii-mote round.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Yeah I find the Wii to be kiddy. Almost like a Gimmick.

If you aren't playing B3YOND, you're playing behind

Playstation 3: It Only Does Everything

Yes. I do. I also see it as the console for old people, in between aged people, and women.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Nintendo themselves have come out this year to say, No we are not purely casual / mainstream. To a degree Nintendo will always be looked on as less core than other systems but its not say they don't bother.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
SCEA said:
Yeah I find the Wii to be kiddy. Almost like a Gimmick.

This "Gimmick" is on it's way to sell well over 100 million. I bet MS and Sony wish they were the "Gimmick."

360 Tag - narfwack

Yes. I do.

This is the reason I don't have one. It doesn't speaks to me.

I strongly think the Wii is for women and children. And this is a good thing, videogames should reach everyone.

My Gaming Setup

Out of my 22 games, I think 3 are rated "E". So, I never saw it as "for kids", so much as I see a wide variety for everybody.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

i always saw it as a kiddie console. thats is why i will never buy nintendo

The Wii is for control purists of all ages. A lot of my PC gaming buddies consider it the only console worth owning, I don't agree, but it really is a great compliment to a PC- which really is the ultimate HD console. I think Motion+ will really seal the deal control-wise.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256