By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you still seeing the Wii as the "kiddy" console?

Wii is a console guys buy cuz they can't get laid, so they try to use the Wii console to entice girls to come their house n play.

But in the end they still cant get laid.

Around the Network
whorenraged said:
megaman79 said:
Disney is for kids, Pixar is for kids > end thread

I am not a kid and I love disney and pixar animations and magazines...

What im saying is there is nothing wrong with making something for varied audiences. Look at movies today. Every single bloody thing, excusing Wanted with Jolie, is made into a PG film. They casualise every movie, including Die Hard 4 which is a friggin joke (im not watching it).

Point is that a company can do whatever they want but atleast Nintendo have a market for kids games. Its more than can be said about LBP and BK. Nintendo, i think, still develops games for everyone just like they always did.

The sterotype, started with bloodless MK, will continue but the changes in what MS do in order to capitalize on the emerging new markets will make Nintendo seem logical and original at a time when no one thought of trying anything new.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Since two different studies have demonstrated that the average age persons playing video games on the Wii is 30, it's kinda hard to see it as a "kiddy" console.

Procrastinato said:
Wii has lots of great games for adults, and some for kids too. I don't see how its a kid console when its for everyone. Kids don't even like Wii Fit, probably.

Oh man kids go crazy over wii fit! at xmass we had the whole family over (30+ people) and the kids wouldnt leave the game! well them and the adults, Its pretty cool to see how well nintendo does at alowing everyone to enjoy games.

As for the topic, I think the only people that ever really did see it as a kiddy console were the avid HD console owners, and the reason they would seem like such a strong voice in the matter would be that they are the ones posting on forums and what not.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

I don't see it as a kiddie console, but as a party console with a good number of gamer-oriented titles.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Grampy said:

Since two different studies have demonstrated that the average age persons playing video games on the Wii is 30, it's kinda hard to see it as a "kiddy" console.

Didn't you hear? Adults are the new kids. It's the new philosophy. Get with the program!

Since there are more adults than kids in the world, I don't see it as a bad strategy. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Yes of course. I just bought No More Heroes for my 6 yr old niece :p

Kids don't get golf, and Tiger Woods shows that grownups like the Wii alot.

Todd Howard’s thoughts on Wii: “It’s a toy”
BY Aaron YorkeFeb. 6th, 2009 More on:Fallout 3Todd HowardWii

So I was hanging out at Comic Con in Manhatten today and I just couldn’t help overhearing…

No, actually Todd Howard expressed his opinion on the world’s most popular console in front of a microphone and a room full of journalists. When the Fallout 3 developer was asked by MTV’s Stephen Totilo about Nintendo’s little white money machine, Howard said that he was “not threatened” by the Wii and that “it’s a toy.”  He went on to explain that consumers viewed the Wii as a “kid’s toy” and that the public thought PS3 and Xbox 360 were “for evil killfests.” So at least he went to both extremes when interpreting the public’s view. However, it didn’t help his case in the mind of Nintendo fanatics that he compared the Wii’s popularity to the cabbage patch craze of the 1980’s.

N’Gai Croal of Newsweek responded by pointing out the obvious sales advantage of the Wii over bigger, badder consoles, to which Howard responded that again, Wii is not a threat and that it is for games that are different from what his team is making.

Personally, I don’t think Howard has anything against the Wii. He might be upset that a bunch of games for Nintendo’s “toy” are outselling Fallout 3, one of the finest games of 2008. Howard did mention World of Goo when asked what he was playing right now, and it is true that Fallout 3 is way, way too big for the Wii to handle. So it’s not like he could have released his game on the Wii and chose not to.

All that said, maybe a great developer such as Howard should show some respect to this generation’s juggernaut, especially as The Conduit, MadWorld, and (further down the road) a sequel to No More Heroes loom in the horizon.

Its this kind of attitude that ensures generalisations continue.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I've never seen the Wii as a 'kiddie' console, I just think it's a console for everyone and sure it has some kiddie games, but it's not like a console hasn't had games like that before.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva