By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you still seeing the Wii as the "kiddy" console?

PakChiuCheng said:
Wii is a console guys buy cuz they can't get laid, so they try to use the Wii console to entice girls to come their house n play.

But in the end they still cant get laid.

Then I guess the Xbox 360 and PS3 is for guys that don't even try to get laid cause they can't.

Around the Network

No GC and N64 were kiddie, Wii is for casuals and Wii-tards.

I'm serious though, even casuals turn wii-tarted,

Sweeping generalizations are so funny,

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Is there a problem with encouraging this, because i can't think of one right now.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Wii has the same image as the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 it's just that if has more kiddy /casual games. If the Wii had more "hardcore" games and less casual games and maybe HD graphics it wouldn't be kiddy.

Yes. It appeals to kids and the old folks who want to be a kid again.

Around the Network
narfwack said:
SCEA said:
Yeah I find the Wii to be kiddy. Almost like a Gimmick.

This "Gimmick" is on it's way to sell well over 100 million. I bet MS and Sony wish they were the "Gimmick."

agreed with what SCEA said

@narfwack

well didnt Sony hit 100 million twice ??????

the first company to sell 100 million consoles,and to make it better they did it on their "first" console

i guess that only leaves me with 1 question....did any other company make it to the 100 million console sold "goal" as yet ?

YESS ! but i don't give a fuck because those games are friggin awesome live with itt !!

Grampy said:

Since two different studies have demonstrated that the average age persons playing video games on the Wii is 30, it's kinda hard to see it as a "kiddy" console.

Well ,when you have 80 and 90 year olds apparently playing on the Wii, the average is bound to be skewed a little ;)

The wii is the main console,

1. For girls & women
2. Older people
3. For parents that buy it for their little kids, and play it also
4. Mainly children

Thats why it sells so much, and to answer to your question, yes it is a kiddy console

I got one because my girlfriend wanted one, and i thought it is great a way to play videogames with her, my mother loved it too thats why i bought one for her too

SCEA said:
Yeah I find the Wii to be kiddy. Almost like a Gimmick.

Well, seeing as you have a Tom Morello avatar, I assume you'd be able to appreciate gimmicks

@321tttrini4everz: A big part of why Sony was able to manage so many sales was their resources. They have a world presence, as opposed to their competitors at the time (Nintendo/Sega), who were relatively tiny videogame companies.

Funny thing is, Sony will also be close to being the first company to create a successor that has seen a 100 million less sales than its predecessor