By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you still seeing the Wii as the "kiddy" console?

No, I don't see the Wii as a "kids" toy, I see it as a cheap and tacky cash in, seems to have worked lol

Around the Network

It'll always be seen as the kiddy console. Gamecube had quite a few M rated games late in its life but it was still seen as the kiddy console. That's the way it works with Nintendo in the post SNES era.

Cthulhu said:
The wii is the main console,

1. For girls & women
2. Older people
3. For parents that buy it for their little kids, and play it also
4. Mainly children

Thats why it sells so much, and to answer to your question, yes it is a kiddy console

^thats all correct. although there are some good games for wii, specifically the direct core nintendo titles.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Cthulhu said:
The wii is the main console,

1. For girls & women
2. Older people
3. For parents that buy it for their little kids, and play it also
4. Mainly children

Thats why it sells so much, and to answer to your question, yes it is a kiddy console

^thats all correct. although there are some good games for wii, specifically the direct core nintendo titles.

yes there are good games for the wii, but i dont like the console for the core games, for this i have a PS3. I like the wii for the casual party games

Yes, and as a huge FPS fan, I can safely say Wii controls SUCK for intuitive fast paced FPS.....IMHO.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network
Zomb1337 said:
Yes, and as a huge FPS fan, I can safely say Wii controls SUCK for intuitive fast paced FPS.....IMHO.

O Rly?  Which game did you play?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Wow the trolls are out tonight, is it a full moon? Seriously guys, the Wii is where us gamers who were playing NES when you where in the womb are at. Yesterday's controls were awesome for like 10 years, but as most of you are too young to realize, they do grow old at some point. And to the guy that thinks that pointing is harder to do than dealing with little teeny stick, you must also think that dual analogue is better than a mouse- i.e. you are totally deranged. When I look at the Wii crowd I see many gamers who gave up after the SNES, PS1, or earlier. You know, the real hardcore. I mean anybody who has been on XBL knows that is where the real "children" are.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Yes, it is still the kid console.

I don't think it'll be able to shake that image as I associate it with the Gamecube and N64 as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Yes, it is still the kid console.

I don't think it'll be able to shake that image as I associate it with the Gamecube and N64 as well.

You realize this image was all started by 1337 computer nerds back in the 80s when the NES released because the graphics of the NES couldn't handle the amazing 2D games and colors they had back then, then SEGA Gen vs SNES came along and SEGA went for the edgy image and then tried to call Nintendo for kids cause SEGA does what Nintendon't and such but it was pandering to 12 year olds that want to feel like they're not kids but act more immature as a result and play immature games as a consequence, and that sitgma has continued till today, when Nintendo produces games that are mature grown up games that anyone can play be it 40 year old adult (and not feel like a kid by playing it) or a 5 year old just playing the easy levels.  While most "mature" titles appeal to the 12 to 26 demographic that feel like blood and gore means it's good, mature, and meant for them, then call Nintendo kiddie but never know where it even spawned from.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm now 40, and yes, the Wii is the only home console choice i've got for my kids... but my kids won't ever play Mad World, No More Heroes... damn, even Zelda and Okami are still on the hard side for 8-10 years old kids...

The problem with the Wii isn't the hardware, but the software choice the industry has proposed us so far...

I may buy games for my whole family, but i also like games for my own pleasure... but not the supposed "mature" FPS found on PS360... i like games with great gameplay, great story, and great ART STYLE... i like games with a little something special, like Muramasa, Fragile, etc... Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, too...

And i really don't see why such games HAVE to be done on PS360, where they need to sell at least 500k-1m (if not more), just to break even... PS360 are maybe the best for "hyper-realistic blockbusters", but do ALL the games out there have to be "hyper-realistic" and "blockbusters"?

I don't think Pixar could afford to do movies for a 20-30 million userbase, so why are games suddenly supposed to have the same kind of budget, with a very risky profit margin to be found?

In short, i think Wii is a console for everyone, and that it's the perfect ground for new ideas, new styles, etc... games like Boom Blox, No More Heroes, De Blob didn't fail, as we'll soon see the sequels... we just need more and more games like these, more action/adventures, more RPGs, more platformers, more racers, more FPS/shooters, so everyone may find his own...

But it's all about software and business choices, the hardware has not "kiddy" written on it, it has "universal" written on it... now, if 3rd parties weren't blind...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."