By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm just glad Squirtle is doing okay.

Around the Network

http://shinedown.com/amaryllis/

With their release of their new single "Bully" recently, I was slightly worried about Shinedown's upcoming album.  This isn't to say "Bully" was a bad song (it was quite enjoyable actually), it simply wasn't what I generally expect from Shinedown (although I am growing considerably more into it as I listen to it).

Well, they have released the album art now, along with several snippets from songs that will be releasing on the new album.  These snippets range from 6 to 35 seconds.  I have one thing to say.  I am more excited for this album than any other album in my life.  They all have the classic Shinedown vibe that I simply cannot get over.

The only issue so far, is that they don't have a tour date in Minnesota!!!  I saw them way back in February of 2010, and it was not only my first concert ever, but the greatest live performance I have ever seen.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I'm in the middle of writing a My Little Pony fanfiction. I truly am the deepest, darkest depths of the internet.

Love and tolerate.

These are my thoughts heading into February:
- Super Bowl this Sunday! WOOT! Go Giants!
- My brother, Michael, might not be able to make it home that day. *sob*
- Valentine's Day. Ugh!
- Valentine's Day candy. YUMZ!
- Top Tuesday on History Channel. YAY!
- Not until late in the month. BOO!
- "Swamp People" returns. DOUBLE YAY!
- Also not until late in the month. DOUBLE BOO!
Those are my thoughts heading into February.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Had an Accounting exam today. I think it went excellent.

I have another Accounting exam tomorrow. Not too worried about it, since the stuff makes a lot of sense to me.

I also have a Marketing exam tomorrow. The teacher is really nice, and the class isn't too bad in general...but marketing just isn't my thing. There's lots of funky definitions I quite personally don't really care about, etc.

Around the Network

^^ I've never had an exam without knowing about it. Between having a syllabus, D2L (an online thing that comes with every course where the teacher can post content, post grades, we can take quizzes, we can hand certain assignments in), and a teacher often reminding us of dates, there is no reason anybody should forget to do something for class or not know about a test.

That's just my school though.

Valkyria Chronicles is still by far the best looking game of the generation.

The best game of the generation, full stop.

Can't download movies for a while because my new ISP ridiculously gives out my information to any US company that asks, meaning I'm receiving e-mails threatening legal action over copyright infringement - leave me alone bastards.

Yay! I'm sick! -__-

trasharmdsister12 said:

I'm in a much better place now than I was the last few times I wrote in here. Sorry for the scare everyone (as if anyone followed my breakdown ).

Working out, reading and gaming are really helping me get through this tough time and in a week I've seen a tremendous bounce-back that I've never had before from one of my bouts with my manic mood.

For those interested in knowing what happened, if you follow me at all you'd know that I've been pretty head over heels for this girl on the other side of the planet. Heck, we Skype'd for like 6 hours a day for the last 6 months (minus my 2.5 week vacation where we wrote back and forth with email anyways). I planned on getting a job and making some money so I could fly out there and finally meet her in person too and had talked to her about this.

Aaanyways, on the 20th she told me she was pregnant... And it just absolutely stunned me and broke me again. I haven't exactly had the best record with relationships (if you could even call what I've had "relationships") and it just really caught me off guard and probably brought back a whole lot of trust issues I've always had. That's a story for another day. But yea... That's what happened.

It just really hit me that I can't seem to catch a break. I've worked hard all my life in school (I'm talking enrichment classes, straight A's, and going through one of the toughest university programs in Canada despite my lack of interest in the field - did I mention I've been unemployed for almost a year since I finished uni despite graduating near the top of my class?) and to please my family while trying to remain down to earth and sociable. My parents never let me hang out with friends or join teams and events and I respected them too much to lie to them or do anything behind their backs. So my social life was already in tatters. Being a first generation Canadian with strict Indian parents is a difficult balancing act.

Beyond that I don't drink or smoke, I exercise regularly, I dress well, and (I like to think) I'm funny. But I can't seem to ever make things work with girls I have feelings for. I've always treated them with respect and my intentions are always pure. I don't know what I'm lacking and it just bothers me so much. In the end of it I always end up getting the short end of the stick or emotionally crippled because of something "she" does.

It all just hit me that despite how much I try to improve myself and do the right thing, I still tend to get the short end of life. People are always telling me how it will get better or how I deserve more when I come crashing down but things rarely (if ever) seem to go in my favor. That's what that poem I shared here was about.

But yeah, things will only be as bad as I make them out to be. I've got my head up again and I've got some plans in motion for the job situation at the moment. I'm in the best shape I've been in since high school, and I've been more productive in the last week than I have cumulatively since graduating from undergrad last April. Things are looking great and I'm feeling it.

I'm very happy that you made through the rough part and I hope it keeps getting better and better from now on! Try to keep a happy attitude and don't think its your fault that that a certain girl doesn't like you or it won't work out. You sound like a nice person and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to go out with you. ^_^

Oh and by the way: You are funny!!!!!!!!!!