By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Shuts Up Gabe Newell!

Khuutra said:
If anyone wants to tell me with a straight face that they expect Killzone, or any game ocming out this year, to be as good as Portal, I want to hear it.

I really do.

Killzone 2, God of War III, Grand Turismo and Final Fantasy XIII are all going to be just as good (and most likely better) than Portal.

There I said it.

And in case you were wondering, I'm not talking about being more innovative. But those game will be more enjoyable, will have much better graphics and will last more then an hour and a half.

Around the Network

@khuuta

well if I remember correctly

he told people to abandon the PS3, said it was going fail & told SONY to discontinue it and start over

frankly he couldn't have been more wrong in each department

so yeah he never rectified his mistake n said he was terrible at predicting the consol'es future

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gilgamesh said:

he will eat his own words regarding the PS3 being terminated or being a failure.

Preferably smothered in ranch and BBQ sauce with a side of onion rings, a double-thick milk shake and a seat at his local all you can eat Chinese buffet.

Yeah it's evil, but it's low-hanging fruit I can't resist picking ;)

@darth,
fair enough. For the record, if the price on the PS3 was better, I'd be buying one FOR KZ2, so I'm not arguing against Sony or anything.

If you ever do get the chance to play some of Valve's games on the PS3 though, they really can be incredible - regardless of your opinion of Newell. I'd argue that Half-Life (the original) is definitely my favorite PC FPS, and arguably one of the most influential in history. Portal and Left 4 Dead are extremely fun console "shooters" as well.

EA are bringing Left 4 Dead to PS3 in June. Valve do not like developing games for PS3. EA brings ports of Valve games to PS3: The Orange Box and next it will be Left 4 Dead.

Around the Network

Gabe Newell is a Tosser, PS3 doesn't need his games,

@Trios_zen

I would buy valve's games on PS3 except they ar eports by Ea n not that good

if valve never put the effort in to give me a great port of a game....why should I buy it

especially if its really glitchy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Khuutra said:
If anyone wants to tell me with a straight face that they expect Killzone, or any game ocming out this year, to be as good as Portal, I want to hear it.

I really do.

Ok, so that's one game.  Also, I never played Portal, so I can't tell you one way or the other.  However, you said their past few games, which is what I was referring to as ignorant.  The only reason you're saying that is because you want it to do bad, not because of your knowledge of the game.  It seems to me that you're saying this just because you don't like the PS3.  Now I may be wrong, but regardless, your statement about it being half as good is extremely ignorant, even if you're only referring to Portal.

@Phran---TF was great, and left for dead was a great way to take on a shooter

List of KZ2 classes:

Rifleman:

The default multiplayer character is assigned when no primary badge is selected. A secondary badge may still be added. Riflemen can start with most weapons, except for the specialized ones.

Engineer:

Primary badge ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.

Secondary badge ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Medic:

Primary badge ability: Revives downed team mates.

Secondary badge ability: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Scout:

Primary badge ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.

Secondary badge ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault:

Primary badge ability: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.

Secondary badge ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactician:

Primary badge ability: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.

Secondary badge ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Saboteur:

Primary badge ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

Lulz. Team Fortress's classes reshuffled anyone?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957