By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Shuts Up Gabe Newell!

This article is incredibly incoherent. After reading it slowly I still don't know why PS3 shut him up. Is it because Guerilla Games spent years making a game which looks good? How does that shut Gabe Newell up?

Oh wait, it's from hiphopgamer...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well done ps3 to shut him up.

Until the X360 came out Gabe also wrote off the entire console industry. He probably is Francis and hates everything.

Title is misleading because...it's not true.

While I think Valve is utterly moronic for not developing on the PS3 because they're too uppity to bother learning the architecture, he IS entitled to his opinion. I think, in the long run - and I'm talking years from now - they're bitterness toward Sony will eventually catch up with them.

As for right now, they make their money..they don't need to port to the PS3 - but they're stupid not to..it's garunteed money, and I don't care how much money you make as a company - what's wrong with some extra income? If you can sell a few extra MILLION units, why would you pass that up? As I said..their stance will come back to haunt them.

TheBigFatJ said:
Whatever makes you feel better about developers not liking your favorite platform.

Also, how did you like Killzone 2? Reviewers are saying its graphics are on par with Gears of War 2. Very nice.

Whatever makes you feel better about the top graphics on your favorite platform.

Touché.

Around the Network

i dont get it

Kz 2 is just a average shooter with a pretty face

where as Left $ Dead is a great new shooter with an average face

how can either sit there and throw hissy fits?

and the ps3 didnt shut him up a fan boy crying to the net claims to have shut him up

So he and his small team should increase their team size by, I don't know, double (or more......I'm not exactly sure of Valve's team size) and spend up to or surpassing 3 years in development for 1 title? When in the past 3 years they've developed and released 6-7 games? Good job PS3, you really shut him up...........I bet he's shutting up all the way to the bank.

Khuutra said:
And you can say a lot about Killzone 2, but if it has half the brilliance that Valve's last few projects showed then it's going to be more than I expect out of the game.

You're a funny guy.

Gilgamesh said:

Exactly, hes just being lazy, if you put a little effort into it there could be many games out like Killzone 2 on the PS3.

What do you mean by a "little effort"... are you saying that Guerilla Games made Killzone 2 with just a little effort?

Valve is a third party studio.. they don't have the luxury to take five years and spend millions of dollars on one title that may or may not make them any money

Give Gabe Newell and his crew at Valve five years, and a $20+ million budget and see what they come up with...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Comparing Guerilla to Valve is .. I dunno, it's just stupid. 

And have you played Killzone 2? Oh you didnt. So we compare a game nobody but reviewers have played to the games already proven to be great, like Left 4 Dead? and we do this why? because some crazy fanboys cant get over the fact that Valve doesnt want to develop for PS3?

Great thread.