By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Shuts Up Gabe Newell!

Phrancheyez said:
mesoteto said:
^as they should unless they do it better--but just putting a new paint job better does not make

I don't understand what you mean.  So you're saying that everyone should believe that Killzone 2 is an inferior game since they haven't played it?  Why don't you just hold Khuutra's hand?

i am not saying its inferior,

But people seem to think that’s it’s the end all anymore and its really just a run of the mill FPS that is pulling off a halo effect (pulling the best parts of the current gaming trends, prettying them up, and marketing them as the end all)

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Oh I'm not saying it will necessarily be inferior. Just that it's a bit ridiculous to say KZ2 shuts Valve up when it's a derivative game (borrowing from one of Valve's games as well as others) with good graphics.

That I strongly agree with.  That's also an ignorant statement..but it seems fanboyism is becoming more and more blind by the day.  No one has an open mind anymore - if something isn't on a platform that they like or have, it can't compare to something else that is.  I'm not discrediting anything Valve has done..they put out good work, and I wish they were more receptive to the PS3.  I just wish the fanboyism wasn't becoming so..I don't know..intense?

exindguy said:
Gilgamesh said:

he will eat his own words regarding the PS3 being terminated or being a failure.

Preferably smothered in ranch and BBQ sauce with a side of onion rings, a double-thick milk shake and a seat at his local all you can eat Chinese buffet.

Yeah it's evil, but it's low-hanging fruit I can't resist picking ;)

This whole thread was a mess of fanboy's saying they were right and the other was wrong...but this, THIS was awesome!

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

mesoteto said:
Phrancheyez said:
mesoteto said:
^as they should unless they do it better--but just putting a new paint job better does not make

I don't understand what you mean.  So you're saying that everyone should believe that Killzone 2 is an inferior game since they haven't played it?  Why don't you just hold Khuutra's hand?

But people seem to think that’s it’s the end all anymore and its really just a run of the mill FPS that is pulling off a halo effect (pulling the best parts of the current gaming trends, prettying them up, and marketing them as the end all)

Oh I don't think it's the end all..I don't think it's a Halo Killer or that it's the next coming.  I think it's going to be a fantastic game, though.  

@bolded
That's a good way to sum it up.  Not to take anything away from Halo - if other developers were smart, they'd do the same thing.  And it is sad when 4-5 companies make separate games that are good in their own right and another takes the best of what the others have accomplished to create a game that's better than all of them.  Fortunately for us as game owners, it results in some pretty damn good games that eventually turn into classics.  Hopefully KZ2 falls into that catagory from a gamers stake, but I'm not willing to put that hype on it otherwise there's a high chance I'll be disappointed.

Phrancheyez said:
NJ5 said:

Oh I'm not saying it will necessarily be inferior. Just that it's a bit ridiculous to say KZ2 shuts Valve up when it's a derivative game (borrowing from one of Valve's games as well as others) with good graphics.

That I strongly agree with. That's also an ignorant statement..but it seems fanboyism is becoming more and more blind by the day. No one has an open mind anymore - if something isn't on a platform that they like or have, it can't compare to something else that is. I'm not discrediting anything Valve has done..they put out good work, and I wish they were more receptive to the PS3. I just wish the fanboyism wasn't becoming so..I don't know..intense?

We don't know Valve's reasons for not targeting the PS3. Maybe they don't think the extra expense is worth it. Maybe they don't have room for expansion. Maybe it's cheaper to outsource ports to other parties who have already hired PS3 developers.

No one gives console-exclusive developers shit for not targeting the PC (even when they do, they usually bring late ports with often excessive hardware requirements). Why does Valve get so much shit for not targeting the PS3? Perhaps people should blame Sony for their sucky architectures (from the developers' perspective).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

HipHopGamer becomes more and more credible. =) Just a PS3 fanboy.

• Bioshock2 = PS3 (timed) exclusive
  • GTA V = PS3 exclusive
  • Killzone2 Superbowl Ad

Just stuff he said in the last couple of weeks.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

What a moaning minnie. The ps3 doesnt need his games!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Phrancheyez said:
mesoteto said:
Phrancheyez said:
mesoteto said:

Oh I don't think it's the end all..I don't think it's a Halo Killer or that it's the next coming.  I think it's going to be a fantastic game, though.  

@bolded
That's a good way to sum it up.  Not to take anything away from Halo - if other developers were smart, they'd do the same thing.  And it is sad when 4-5 companies make separate games that are good in their own right and another takes the best of what the others have accomplished to create a game that's better than all of them.  Fortunately for us as game owners, it results in some pretty damn good games that eventually turn into classics.  Hopefully KZ2 falls into that catagory from a gamers stake, but I'm not willing to put that hype on it otherwise there's a high chance I'll be disappointed.

i honestly think that is the reason the halo 1 was such a great game---the other just keep teh trends and the he built upon itself

but dont get me wrong its fun stuff

and i hope Kz2 does and dosnt have the same happen i really dont want teh ps3 to get teh kinda fanbase halo brings---its not worth it

on side note that pic of him looks so sad

its like he got in line for the buffet and found out it was needing restoked or something

title should read "hiphopgamer makes self look stupid"

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Gabe makes a very good point and one which I would agree too, they don't need the PS3, why would they? spend loads of extra cash making games on a hard to develop system when they can just stick to the pc/360 and get all the sales they need,

It's funny how sony fanboys try to defend their PS3's, this isn't the first developer that has slagged the PS3 off, loads have since its release..........