By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Shuts Up Gabe Newell!

Khuutra said:
If anyone wants to tell me with a straight face that they expect Killzone, or any game ocming out this year, to be as good as Portal, I want to hear it.

I really do.

I didn't care for Portal, so I'd be pretty crushed if a game came out this year that didn't best it.

Around the Network

@NJ5

if we start calling a game inferior than the other for copying

please lets not even go there cus many many great games could be deemed as inferior then

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mesoteto said:
@Phran---TF was great, and left for dead was a great way to take on a shooter

That's nice.  I've experienced both and they're very good, I will admit that.  And I'm not saying assuredly that KZ2 is without a doubt better...but the statements made are extremely biased and don't even give KZ2 a chance - he's damning the game without having ever touched it.  That's ignorant.

^as they should unless they do it better--but just putting a new paint job better does not make

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

if we start calling a game inferior than the other for copying

please lets not even go there cus many many great games could be deemed as inferior then

Oh I'm not saying it will necessarily be inferior. Just that it's a bit ridiculous to say KZ2 shuts Valve up when it's a derivative game (borrowing from one of Valve's games as well as others) with good graphics.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^as they should unless they do it better--but just putting a new paint job better does not make

I don't understand what you mean.  So you're saying that everyone should believe that Killzone 2 is an inferior game since they haven't played it?  Why don't you just hold Khuutra's hand?

I also don't get how PS3 shuts up Gabe Newell after reading the article... Also, Steam as a platform alone proves how brilliant Valve is.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Khuutra said:
You cannot, cannot talk shit about Gabe Newell. He can be a bit of a lout from time to time, but it comes down to the fact that he's one of the most important minds in the industry, not just for his own projects but because he makes sure that other people can complete theirs and distribute them (read: Portal).

And you can say a lot about Killzone 2, but if it has half the brilliance that Valve's last few projects showed then it's going to be more than I expect out of the game.

That might be true but ever since Half Life 2 release and creation of Source engine they are just cutting coupons from their past fame.

Especially with L4D where they made quick cash cow release - putting together CSS/ DODS class work are charging people 50/60 USD for it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I am not sure what all the fuss is about.

1. Has not Kaz himself said the PS3 was intentionally hard to develop for so it would take time for the console's full potential to be realized.

2. Someone who develops for and relies on PC for software sales does not like a console.

3. A developer spent a lot of time and made a very nice game for the PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Gilgamesh said:

Exactly, hes just being lazy, if you put a little effort into it there could be many games out like Killzone 2 on the PS3.

oh yeh sure developers shouldnt be so lazy and should put a little more effort into their projects like they did with killzone 2, which took 4-5 years to make  or like the 20 million $ for the development of the uncharted games.

oh sony supported those developments u say? LIES

companies who got broke bet on the wrong horse and should have developed for PS3... oh they did, u say? ALL LIES

...or not...

Sony has an arrogant attitude and should help third party companies to reduce the development costs whereever they can

nuff said

Improvements are caused by people who complain