By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Shuts Up Gabe Newell!

@gebx---it would end time as we know it

imagine the greatest games ever combined then given the perfect form of steriods to never have negative side effets...then god comes down and says....man even i weep with joy from teh experience

yeah that would almost be like what you could get only like 100 times not as cool

Around the Network

@mesoteto

but KZ2 isn't an average shooter as proved by the reviews....the gameplay is just as stunning

@gebx

yeah well then Infinity Ward did COD4 in 2 years....n look at the sales they got

it beat halo overall and became the Playstation brands top selling shooter (PS2's highest was killzone 1 at 2.5 million I think)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

gebx said:
Gilgamesh said:

Exactly, hes just being lazy, if you put a little effort into it there could be many games out like Killzone 2 on the PS3.

What do you mean by a "little effort"... are you saying that Guerilla Games made Killzone 2 with just a little effort?

Valve is a third party studio.. they don't have the luxury to take five years and spend millions of dollars on one title that may or may not make them any money

Give Gabe Newell and his crew at Valve five years, and a $20+ million budget and see what they come up with...

Team Fortress 2? By the way doesn't KZ2 borrow a lot from that game in terms of the class system?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
@khuutra

he did talk "shit" about the PS3

however SONY is one of the most important companies in the industry

I hate the arrogant man....don't care if he created a great game

he has no right to be an arrogant bitch about it

TBH after seeing COd4 & COD5 sales on the PS3....HIS company NEEDS PS3 more than PS3 needs them

You hate the arrogant man (Newell) but not the arrogant company (Sony)?  Your hate is selective...interesting.

Your entitled to your own opinion, I wont argue that, but can't you see the humor in your own ability to forgive those you like while singling out those you dislike, for doing the EXACT same thing?

Khuutra said:
And you can say a lot about Killzone 2, but if it has half the brilliance that Valve's last few projects showed then it's going to be more than I expect out of the game.

Wow, I didn't think your fanboy went that far...that's a pretty ignorant statement.

Around the Network

If anyone wants to tell me with a straight face that they expect Killzone, or any game ocming out this year, to be as good as Portal, I want to hear it.

I really do.

@trios_zen

well I did hate the arrogant company SONY till PS3

I would rather not miss out on my favorite franchises by skipping SONY just cus I feel "sony is arrogant"

besides SONY has improved and has become less arrogant than the beginning of the gen

frankly Gabe Newell never rectified or admitted his mistakes

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@trios_zen

well I did hate the arrogant company SONY till PS3

I would rather not miss out on my favorite franchises by skipping SONY just cus I feel "sony is arrogant"

besides SONY has improved and has become less arrogant than the beginning of the gen

frankly Gabe Newell never rectified or admitted his mistakes

What mistakes?

Khuutra said:
If anyone wants to tell me with a straight face that they expect Killzone, or any game ocming out this year, to be as good as Portal, I want to hear it.

I really do.

Better yet, let's wait until Guerilla Games has more than one franchise and then we can compare them. As it stands they're a one-trick pony, and a pretty mediocre one before KZ2 at least.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
@mesoteto

but KZ2 isn't an average shooter as proved by the reviews....the gameplay is just as stunning

@gebx

yeah well then Infinity Ward did COD4 in 2 years....n look at the sales they got

it beat halo overall and became the Playstation brands top selling shooter (PS2's highest was killzone 1 at 2.5 million I think)

every video i have seen seem to me to be the run of teh mill gun formula

1--step into similar enviroment

2--pull out gun and look for bad guys

3--horde of bad guys spawns and swarms

4--some go for cover, soe go for your back, some are meat sheilds

5--empty clip and destroy wave

6--repeat 1-5 again

7-get new gun

8--repeat 1-7

only this time it looks fantastic for something not on the pc (i only add the pc part b/c we all now the high end gaming machines will always put us to shame...well if you have a few k to throw down on one anyways)