By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Galaxy info - minor spoiler - items and story

I just saw Mario Galaxy video walkthrough at CVG.

Feature: See an entire level played from start to finish
http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170767

Cool video. The whole 5 min.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Around the Network

This is a very interesting find! Proves my theory that European retailers demand more margin than US retailers and that this is the main reason for higher prices in Europe.

I'm almost positive though that that list price of 35 € is without VAT. Wholesale prices are always quoted without VAT in Germany. It just doesn't make sense to calculate with VAT for a company.

So Mario Galaxy is selling for 42.01 € plus 7.98 € VAT. That makes for a 7.01 € raw margin. This looking like a semi-public handout I guess that 35 € will be the base line for small orders, maybe if you take 10 units. Bigger retailers will be able to get prices like 32 €, 30 € or less.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I just bought NGamer UK which has a complete walkthough through (sigh) one of the levels. You know, maps, objects, enemies and all. I'm at work now, as soon as I read it, I'll post the details

OMG just realised (not very bright, me) that 16th of November is one day before my birthday!!! What better for a birthday present!!!

Bit of a UK games drought at the mo, then Oct 26th Metroid Prime 3, November 16th SMG.

Totally awesome. I pre ordered these games (and Brawl) last year!! So hopefully I will get them delivered on release day!

I just have to stop viewing all the reviews/spoilers for these games dam it!

Around the Network
reverie said:
This is a very interesting find! Proves my theory that European retailers demand more margin than US retailers and that this is the main reason for higher prices in Europe.

I'm almost positive though that that list price of 35 € is without VAT. Wholesale prices are always quoted without VAT in Germany. It just doesn't make sense to calculate with VAT for a company.

So Mario Galaxy is selling for 42.01 € plus 7.98 € VAT. That makes for a 7.01 € raw margin. This looking like a semi-public handout I guess that 35 € will be the base line for small orders, maybe if you take 10 units. Bigger retailers will be able to get prices like 32 €, 30 € or less.

That 35€ is with VAT. Calculating VAT to a company makes sense, because they have to pay it. Retail can reduce the VAT, it has paid for the game, from it's own VAT payments. Or thats how i have understood it goes.

So the tax-free price for SMG 29,4€. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

A company cannot reduce VAT, that's not true. You can make sure that you don't have to pay VAT twice by showing the tax office that your suppliers already charged you some VAT. In the end you pay VAT for every single cent of revenue you have, by paying either to the tax office or to the supplier (who will pay to the tax office or their suppliers in turn, all the way down to the silicon mine).

VAT is not included in retail price quotes, that's just a fact. Now it may be different in Video Games, but generally it is like that.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said:
A company cannot reduce VAT, that's not true. You can make sure that you don't have to pay VAT twice by showing the tax office that your suppliers already charged you some VAT. In the end you pay VAT for every single cent of revenue you have, by paying either to the tax office or to the supplier (who will pay to the tax office or their suppliers in turn, all the way down to the silicon mine).

You know that's probably exactly what he meant by "reducing VAT", right? You "reduce" the VAT you pay to the tax office, arguing you already paid some of it to your supplier.

Besides, some wholesale prices do come with VAT included, in particular if they're targeted to smaller retailers and/or go through an intermediary (wheras bigger retailers may buy directly from the publisher instead). This also varies from country to country and business to business, so there's really no way to know unless your into the process. As an example, I saw in some other thread someone who worked in retail saying this specific price was inclusive of VAT. But I wouldn't know either way.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
StarcraftManiac said:
Damn... Nice games! Coming out for Wii in Europe Oktober/November period. But damn... I got lots of school to do too!... Well i can combine em both!... but school first ...

I'm so glad I don't go to school anymore haha. Hmmm still have a few days vacation left... October/November sounds tempting

"Mario will be able to shoot fireballs for the first time since his jump into the 3D arena."

Yeahhhhhh

"No word on whether Mario will be wearing his traditional fire-tossing garb"

Im hopping...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."