By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Galaxy info - minor spoiler - items and story

Just a little bit of new information about Mario Galaxy:

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/21/spoiler-alert-mario-galaxy-deets/

" One of the worst parts of our job is that if we find particular information to report on a high-profile title (like, say, Super Mario Galaxy), we must first gain that knowledge and process it through our own brains. This causes us to retain the knowledge, therefore ruining the experience to come for us. We will not go in pure. But, it's a sacrifice we make for you, fine reader. We'll suffer just to make your life easier. We'll do it gladly.

So, if you're not one who enjoys having information on something before you can experience it yourself, turn away. Thar be spoilers, ahead!"

"First of all, the Fire Flower and Super Star items are coming back. Mario will be able to shoot fireballs for the first time since his jump into the 3D arena. No word on whether Mario will be wearing his traditional fire-tossing garb.

Also, as far as the story goes, Mario, Peach and gang were watching a passing comet when Bowser crashes the party. After waking up (we don't know why Mario goes unconscious), Mario is confronted by Rosetta and asked to help. The story will then take place over 6 different zones, with 40 different galaxies to explore."

EDIT: And also for PAL gamers, Mario Galaxy now has a date of November 16 for Europe and Austrailia, so yay!

Pretty sweet, if I must say. I'm excited to see the Fire Flower in action, and I'm not even sure how 3D Mario has gotten this far without a Super Star...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Let me just say....

W00t!!

...well that was fun.  This is yet another reason to believe this Mario will be even more special than M64. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Super Star and Fire Flower!!! YAY!!! This is 2-D and 3-D Mario together, screw 4-D, 2 1/2-D is where it's at

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Awesomeness. Can't wait to see how they implement the fireballs (IR aiming!?)

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

"Also, as far as the story goes, Mario, Peach and gang were watching a passing comet when Bowser crashes the party. After waking up (we don't know why Mario goes unconscious)"

Oh I think I know why...partying a little too hard perhaps...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
stof said:
Awesomeness. Can't wait to see how they implement the fireballs (IR aiming!?)

Well...uh...you shoot stars in the game already with IR aiming...have you been checking on the videos?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Sqrl said:

Let me just say....

W00t!!

...well that was fun.  This is yet another reason to believe this Mario will be even more special than M64. 

QFTMFT

I really wanted this to be true, but the more new stuff they'd show...the more hope I lost. Glad to see it confirmed.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

BenKenobi88 said:

EDIT: And also for PAL gamers, Mario Galaxy now has a date of November 16 for Europe and Austrailia, so yay!

Wohoooooooooooo!

is that australian release date confirmed? if so, ZOMG! we get a game at the same time as the rest of the world :D

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

It's not totally official, but here's a snapshot from Leipzig:

Also dated is Forever Blue: Nov. 9, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles: Nov. 30 for PAL.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM