By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Soul Looking to be another AAA title?

^^they already gave it a 29/40

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
mibuokami said:
I simply cannot get anything close to excited about this game.

For me, one of the biggest draw factor for any RPG is the plot, and the current plot for Demon Soul (what we know of it anyways) is rail thin and as generic as you get. I can't even Identify with a protagonist because in this!

I understand that u simply may not be interested, nothing wrong with that. yet have you played Oblivion? Did you like it? That game's story in my opinion was pretty weak. It was redeemed by the fact there was so much story due to quests.

I cannot see why this game cannot appeal to the same crowd as Oblivion.

I hated Oblivion and didn't really get into Fallout 3 (which had a MUCH better story btw). My favourite WRPG are all the old school stuff like Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate series. Nothing in opinion has ever beaten Planescape Torment's plot, it was just a masterpiece. This game just didn't have a vibe for me.

SpartanFX said:

That's White Knight Chronicles. You're confusing your JRPGs....

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Wow. This game releases in 3 days. The hype is 0, eh? Kudos for trying.

We'll see what Famitsu think of this. It looks like a game they'd enjoy, I predict around 34-36.

WHAT!!!?!?!! 0_o

Where did you see/hear that?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

SpartanFX said:

Yeah but Dengeki gave it like a 9/10. Famitsu lately has been rather shitty as well. Last Remnant 38/40 lol.

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Kantor said:

We'll see what Famitsu think of this. It looks like a game they'd enjoy, I predict around 34-36.

WHAT!!!?!?!! 0_o

It releases this Thursday in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

forevercloud3000 said:
Kantor said:

WHAT!!!?!?!! 0_o

On the trailer.

Japan release date, by the way.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

*sigh* I hope I'm not the only one finally getting fed up with AAA being thrown around so much... -_-... anyway I haven't seen anything out of DS that has impressed me and on top of that I highly doubt it'll be promoted much or sell that well, it may get some good reviews but rarely do good/amazing Japanese made games get those coveted 90%+ rankings just look at Valkyria Chronicles on a lot of sites, a bunch of 8/10s and the % on meta last time I checked was lower then 90%.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

It is looking good.

Famitsu rated the game pretty low because it had a lot of hardcore challenges such as trail and error gameplay.

On the other hand Deniski(sp?) rated it higher because they liked that challenge.

Goes either way, looks to appeal with people with alot of patience looking for a challenge.

Kantor said:
SpartanFX said:

That's White Knight Chronicles. You're confusing your JRPGs....

They both got 29/40