By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Soul Looking to be another AAA title?

Just found out that the game also will support online! You know, that thing that every says Oblivion should of had...

Gonna add this to OP........

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
irstupid said:
what constitutes AAA games. Is it so many sales or based on Opinions of "professional" gaming journalists?

AAA is a term borrowed from the credit rating industry.  A business with a AAA rating is supposed to be nearly guaranteed to pay back their loans.  For me, AAA means a game that is gauranteed to make a lot of money.

The way most people use it is very different.  It either means a game that is 90+ on Metacritic or GameRankings, or a game with very high production values.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

80+ metacritic is all it needs, gonna be decent maybe AA but not AAA. im looking forward to it myself.

Kantor said:
Oh, hell no.

I'm not one for judging a game based on developer history, look at Killzone 2 and Haze. But the videos I have seen of the game...it looks hideous. The graphics are bad, it lags, the animations look like something off the PS1, and it just doesn't look fun.

I believe there has only been two videos of the game. One was a an ofscreen recording of some random guy playing a early demo of the game. The other was an actual trailer. The first one was laggy and anti climatic as I said in OP but it was an early build. Have you seen the newer one? It looks a whole lot better graphically.

Like I said before, Oblivion's combat sucked big time but the massive openess and quests of the game kept it fun. THis game is looking to offer a similar experience with a better battle system, Epic boss battles, and online play.

Greatness Awaits

Kantor said:
Oh, hell no.

I'm not one for judging a game based on developer history, look at Killzone 2 and Haze. But the videos I have seen of the game...it looks hideous. The graphics are bad, it lags, the animations look like something off the PS1, and it just doesn't look fun.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44212.html?type=flv

damn you gametrailers being difficult!!!

there we go, so your saying that looks horrid?

Around the Network

Thx Torillian and Outlaw

I have never played Armored Core or Enchanted arms yet I do not deny that I believe that they are both terrible series. Although, just because their other games are shitty doesn't mean everything they ever come up with will be.

Remember once upon a time a little company called Squaresoft made one terrible game after another. Then they started a single series to save them from their mediocrity and were successful (although they have now slipped back into mediocrity, thats another story).

Maybe From Software is turning a new leaf. :)

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
Thx Torillian and Outlaw

I have never played Armored Core or Enchanted arms yet I do not deny that I believe that they are both terrible series. Although, just because their other games are shitty doesn't mean everything they ever come up with will be.

Remember once upon a time a little company called Squaresoft made one terrible game after another. Then they started a single series to save them from their mediocrity and were successful (although they have now slipped back into mediocrity, thats another story).

Maybe From Software is turning a new leaf. :)

They weren't terrible series, just not worthy of much recognition. Although, the newest Armored Core and the old ones were actually pretty decent.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@outlaw

That game should have taken some pointers from....

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!

From MGS4, from the Metal gear battle. That was actually fun as hell compared to them. I know this only from playing demos of AC but still.

ENd Spoilers!!!!!!

Greatness Awaits

Have to say I've been watching this for awhile. I truly hated the look of Oblivion with it's ugly and generic wrpg look, this seems to have a wrpg aesthetic, but it's more stylized and well designed. It'll probably end up with a score in the mid 80's based on the the developer's history, which is good enough for a purchase as I'm starving for quality rpgs on my ps3.

i loled sorry,,,software and AAA don't compute