By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Soul Looking to be another AAA title?

Looking at it optimistically, it could be essentially Oblivion with better graphics, characters models, textures, environment design, a far more interesting battle system, and an online component.

Looking at it pessimistically, it's an unfamiliar genre of game from a historically mediocre developer that was just announced a few months ago.

Honestly, I can't help but feel that this game is going to struggle to reach AA status, much less AAA.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
i loled sorry,,,software and AAA don't compute

it could happen lol :)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

AAA? ROFFLE! This would be lucky to walk away with 70+, this is the problem when you adopt Metacritic as your personal religion.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Wait, so the first one wasn't real?

Fine, I'll watch this new one...in HD.

EDIT: Now to wait six hours for it to buffer...the SD was loading so quickly, but I want my first impression of the real game to be in HD.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Why are you guys basing this game on who made it instead of what is in it. SE has multiple groups that work on different things. Some of them produce quality while others dont. Maybe From Software has finally found a GOOD group.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network

I simply cannot get anything close to excited about this game.

For me, one of the biggest draw factor for any RPG is the plot, and the current plot for Demon Soul (what we know of it anyways) is rail thin and as generic as you get. I can't even identify with a protagonist because in this because its Mr faceless!

Actually, it does look pretty impressive.

However, they didn't show much combat, most of it was just the guy walking around and being attacked. They seem to have gotten rid of the inhuman lag, though.

mibuokami said:
I simply cannot get anything close to excited about this game.

For me, one of the biggest draw factor for any RPG is the plot, and the current plot for Demon Soul (what we know of it anyways) is rail thin and as generic as you get. I can't even Identify with a protagonist because in this!

I understand that u simply may not be interested, nothing wrong with that. yet have you played Oblivion? Did you like it? That game's story in my opinion was pretty weak. It was redeemed by the fact there was so much story due to quests.

I cannot see why this game cannot appeal to the same crowd as Oblivion.

Greatness Awaits

Apparently Otogi (and Otogi 2?) for Xbox was quite good

Those games were also 3rd Person Action games similar-ish to this...if that means anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCcR8QOFNck (Gamespot review of Otogi)

Wow. This game releases in 3 days. The hype is 0, eh? Kudos for trying.

We'll see what Famitsu think of this. It looks like a game they'd enjoy, I predict around 34-36.