By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Demon's Soul Looking to be another AAA title?

Maybe not AAA, but pretty darn good!

I cannot speak for the rest of you but when DS was first unvieled I was seriously dissappointed in the visuals of the game. The concept sounded awesome in theory though, so i kept one eye open for this game.

Now a few months have passed, and Demon's Soul has made a full turn around. The game is looking as good as ever. From what I have seen it looks like Oblivion/Fallout 3 kind of game, at least in gameplay. The visuals are much more stunning then those though.

The game has a whole slew of weapons to utilize in taking down your foes...

Huge epic battles to challenge your skill. This is something Oblivion/Fallout 3 lacked, at least in my opinion. This makes bosses feel different then the regular onslaught of enemies.

And the game is just so darn pretty. Maybe not on the level of other big name titles but for what looks to be a very large sandbox game it looks stunning.

The game also boasts a robust character creator. I am liking the way the characters look compared to the hideous rendetions from Oblivion. Fallout slightly improved upon that but still....not that appealing ( I made good looking characters for both games, but many could not).

This is Action RPG has taken on many western ideals for the genre. This technically makes the game more of a WRPG even though it is a Japanese made game. I am really liking the direction it is heading in. I plan on buying it when it is released this year.

What do you all think of this game?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

I wouldn't go that far. But it might not suck. Maybe.

I think based on the developer's history and the look of the game as well as the technical issues it had early on there is almost no chance that it'll get 90+. I'm still hoping I'll have fun with it and it gets released over here though.

what constitutes AAA games. Is it so many sales or based on Opinions of "professional" gaming journalists?

@Torillian

What are some of the other games by Demon's Soul developers? I don't believe I have ever played one by them (whoever "they" are).

The graphical hitches also seem to be absent in the last trailer released. And to be honest, Oblivion had a TERRIBLE combat system that was both clunky and glitchy, yet some how me and millions of other had loads of fun with it.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
CLOUD!!!!! This will be a day 1 purchase for me bro. I mean, besides the purty visuals and cool looking battle system, it's an exclusive RPG on a Playstation! That fact alone hypes me up for it. But unfortunately, atm, my PS3 is JRPG starved; no Final Fantasy till 2010? WTF :(

So very true. Maybe it is the RPG deprivation talking but this game looks awesome to me. I WANT MORE!!!! lol

It will go very nicely in my PS3 RPG collection....

• Oblivion
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Disgaea 3
  • Folklore....sort of

My library definitely needs more Western esque but FUN rpgs. Also more JRPGs that are more traditional. Cant wait for Demon's Soul and White Knight Chronicles.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
@Torillian

What are some of the other games by Demon's Soul developers? I don't believe I have ever played one by them (whoever "they" are).

The graphical hitches also seem to be absent in the last trailer released. And to be honest, Oblivion had a TERRIBLE combat system that was both clunky and glitchy, yet some how me and millions of other had loads of fun with it.

They are From Software. They made the Armored Core games and Enchanted Arms as well as Ninja VBlade for 360. They are known for mediorce games. I hope it's fun but I don't think it'll be that great.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

smoke some cracky crack ?

wkc all the way

Their biggest thing as a company is Armored Core and the Demon's Souls seems to be a successor to King's Field.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Software

Oh, hell no.

I'm not one for judging a game based on developer history, look at Killzone 2 and Haze. But the videos I have seen of the game...it looks hideous. The graphics are bad, it lags, the animations look like something off the PS1, and it just doesn't look fun.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective