By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My First Reaction to RE5

"I mean RE4 on PS2 had fewer zombies"

No. It had the same. It really did. I've played the GC, PS2, and Wii versions plenty of times. The PS2 version has lower color depth, lower polygon count, reduced lighting and sound, longer loading, and FMVs instead of in-game scenes because of that lower loading. It did not reduce the number of enemies. The trees an leaves in the first third were fewer, but not the enemies.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
outlawauron said:
Ari_Gold said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Unfortunately for FishyJoe, and the rest of you, you are overplaying your hand a bit here. The disparity between the control schemes exists, certainly, but it isn't a significant issue for most gamers, and it's obvious that this conversation is really about greatness of the Wii controls, and not about the series as a whole.

Zen always speaks the truth

I agree with this part. The rest, not so much.

What else was there to disagree with? Please don't say anything Killzone 2 related.

The huge amount of praise you have Resident Evil and Capcom. I think the series is vastly overrated.

I also disagree with your Killzone 2 commnet, because I've had more fun with it than anything Capcom has ever made. That's beside the point.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I am going to buy the game on PS3 (my GF loves RE and played all of them on Ps2) but I have played the 360 demo and I loved how the control feels just like the gamecube game! You can even run with A button and not push in the analogue stick if that's your choice! I hope the PS3 pad feels the same!

Still I loved the Wii version too and a Wii remote worked really well so going back to a controller does feel a liitle slow and headshots are harder, but I will get backl upto scratch in no time!

Can't wait for this game!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

I believe they'll make RE5 for the Wii and just downgrade it using the RE4 engine.

They are gonna do it with Dead Rising, so why not RE5?

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
I believe they'll make RE5 for the Wii and just downgrade it using the RE4 engine.

They are gonna do it with Dead Rising, so why not RE5?

I would hope they do something a bit more. Dead Rising Wii looks awful.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I agree with KylieDog. I wouldn't want an RE5 port for the Wii. A sidestory actually built to the console's specifications would be better, even if it's lower budget and whatnot.

KylieDog said:
Cos Dead Rising on 360 wasn't impressive in any way except the masses of zombies. Yet a Wii version of it blows, incredibly. How would they even attempt RE5...

If they are gonna give the Wii more RE games, they need be original designed for Wii first games.

what!?! you did not like dead rising..... damn that game was fun...... the drill, the ax.... how about the shower head.... bagin zombies.... killing them with guitars..... using a hot skillit .... bowling them down..... so much fun in that game lots of zombies was a bonus ..... 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Dead rising does not look that bad guys. I think a re 5 is probably in the works as capcom would be ridiculous not too.

They will do it just to spite you people.

It's cheaper to port in that sense (and yes, very lazy) and will probably still get them a million copies sold or more if It's budget. Did everyone buy RE4 Wii just on the assumption that the owned the Gamecube/PS2 versions and wanted to replay it with Wii controls? I think not. People will see RE5 and assume it's ownage just like they did with RE4. It will sell a lot of copies, and whether you like Capcom's tactics or not is a entirely different matter.

Remember, Capcom thought Okami and Zack and Wiki sales were less then stellar. They will cash in on RE5 Wii edition. You heard it here first.

It's just that simple.

NJ5 said:
NinjaKido said:
NJ5 said:

Refer to my reply again...

There are also people who make it seem like Gamecube, Xbox and PS2 graphics were awful and that's why they don't get a Wii. Even though PS360 controls are more last-gen than Wii's graphics are.

*Sigh* do you really wanna go there ?

Sure, why not?

Is it not a fact that PS360's controls are the same as last-gen's, whereas Wii's graphics are improved, even if only by a small margin?

sixaxis controls are better than wiimote controls. There i said it. And yes it's true too.(in my opinion) I have a wii so i know. I've never played anything on the wii that played a 10th as well as sixaxis heavenly sword parts. It's not all that good. In particular cause nintendo was cheap and decided to opt for the less expensive solution when it cam to the motion controls.

Check out my game about moles ^