By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My First Reaction to RE5

BengaBenga said:
I very much would want Wii controls in RE5. I would prefer it over the current version even if the Wii graphics were downgraded to RE4 level.

Nevertheless I'm sure I'll enjoy RE5. But in this discussion I really only want to know what people with both a Wii and a PS3/360 that have played RE4 Wii and the RE5 demo think about this.

But I'm pretty sure most people that played RE4Wii would prefer that control scheme, and controls are for me more important than anything else in a game.

have done both, and on the game cube..... (best controls go to the cube) 

as stated before I despise the current wii controls, I hope motion plus fulfills the promise of one to one motion then maybe ill enjoy it. I no longer own my wii gave it to my little sister with all my games.

so sorry but one against ...... I was resold on RE with RE4 on the Cube hated it on the wii..... glad to see it back with real controls and not mindless unnatural flailing of not one to one motion, and having to guess at the motion designers wanted you to use. 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

i don t know about the controls but the 2 stages at the demo were complex,unbalanced and unenjoyable.too mutch detail for nothing.

goddog said:
BengaBenga said:
I very much would want Wii controls in RE5. I would prefer it over the current version even if the Wii graphics were downgraded to RE4 level.

Nevertheless I'm sure I'll enjoy RE5. But in this discussion I really only want to know what people with both a Wii and a PS3/360 that have played RE4 Wii and the RE5 demo think about this.

But I'm pretty sure most people that played RE4Wii would prefer that control scheme, and controls are for me more important than anything else in a game.

as stated before I despise the current wii controls, I hope motion plus fulfills the promise of one to one motion then maybe ill enjoy it. I no longer own my wii gave it to my little sister with all my games.

so sorry but one against ...... I was resold on RE with RE4 on the Cube hated it on the wii..... glad to see it back with real controls and not mindless unnatural flailing of not one to one motion, and having to guess at the motion designers wanted you to use. 

any of you guys who always bring up the 1:1 motion plus thing when it comes to aiming are just making yourselfs look like a retard.  seriously how do you guys not know yet how the IR works.  The IR is perfect, you can't get any better than it and motion plus won't change it.  Aiming in RE4 on Wii, or Metroid 3, conduit, CODWaW or whatever else aiming game has perfect aiming.  Sure you may not like the wya you can turn or the turning window speed ect.  But the actual aiming recticle is perfect.

joehok.gr said:
i don t know about the controls but the 2 stages at the demo were complex,unbalanced and unenjoyable.too mutch detail for nothing.

it did seem strange that they were just kinda throwing you out there..... and id kinda liked some captions or something for the foreign language .... 

also why no 4 player co-op..... 

irstupid said:
goddog said:
BengaBenga said:

any of you guys who always bring up the 1:1 motion plus thing when it comes to aiming are just making yourselfs look like a retard.  seriously how do you guys not know yet how the IR works.  The IR is perfect, you can't get any better than it and motion plus won't change it.  Aiming in RE4 on Wii, or Metroid 3, conduit, CODWaW or whatever else aiming game has perfect aiming.  Sure you may not like the wya you can turn or the turning window speed ect.  But the actual aiming recticle is perfect.

look I do know how RI works, notice i did not say anything about aiming either.... I felt the motions and the sensitivity of the control are all wrong right now no matter the wii game.... I have not enjoyed it thus gave the system to someone who did. Im hopeing this changes, is that so hard to understand? 

or are you so blinded by love for the wii you can not see how someone could disagree ...

I give games lots of time to grow on me even games I hated ill go back and try them again to see if i can find a way to make them fun... this has not happened because of how the wii controls for me.... thats why im hoping 1 to 1 makes that change. other wise i want them to add back into the all games they put out classic controls and ill play them with  the classic controller

Around the Network

well we are talking about RE5 and comparing controls to the RE4 controls and you talk about how you didn't like the RE4 Wii so gave the Wii to your sister.

So from my knowledge of you, you are basing only on RE4 Wii controls which include only aiming, and the swing remote for knife. Hardly nothing to complain about at all. And you can swing your knife the old fashioned way with buttons.

So yes I was calling you are retard for flaming the Wii as being horrible based on RE4.

I bought a Game Cube to play RE4. And then I bought it again on PS2 when that version released. Finally, after getting my wii, I got that version of the title because it's one of my favorites of all time. And I may be alone in this thinking, but I had the same exact fun with all three versions. Yes, RE4:Wii had what is probably the best use of the Wiimote to me but it didn't make the other versions unplayable. In fact, I can still play the GC or PS2 version and not even think about the other controls. Normally, the Wiimote honestly just pisses me off because of it being so poorly implemented and tacked on so often but I did love the controls for games like RE4 and metroid prime 3. Personally, because i'd just as soon use analouges as the wiimote, I'd much rather have an HD version as better graphics can personally draw me into the game and get me more immersed then the wiimote can. Bad graphics automatically draw me out of game to the point that I can rarely play older games. That being said, RE5 handles absolutely like horse crap and it has nothing to do with wiimote/analouges. It just has awful, slow, unresponsive controls even when compared to RE4:Wii. That's my take on it anyway and no one can tell me I'm wrong because it's my own opinion and neither am I pushing it on anyone.

PS3 Trophies

irstupid said:
well we are talking about RE5 and comparing controls to the RE4 controls and you talk about how you didn't like the RE4 Wii so gave the Wii to your sister.

So from my knowledge of you, you are basing only on RE4 Wii controls which include only aiming, and the swing remote for knife. Hardly nothing to complain about at all. And you can swing your knife the old fashioned way with buttons.

So yes I was calling you are retard for flaming the Wii as being horrible based on RE4.

i talked about the cubes re4 first, which i felt was crisper more responsive and got be back in to RE. and said that re on the xbox, has restored my faith again ... you can see that on page 2 of this thread. 

RE on the wii just felt wrong, thats the best way to put it, if felt clumsy, unresponsive weather using motion or the buttons. 

but hey if it makes you feel better call me a tard, I enjoy the gaming I have and the community i game with. ill just ignore the wii if you are the average gamer there and on their online, and use the cube and before for my nintendo fix..... rock on NES mario 3 here i come 

goddog said:
BengaBenga said:

In what way would 1-to-1 motion controls improve this game? The main thing for shooters is the IR pointer which works fine.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I really can't say that wii control is a slam dunk on RE4 either to be honest. I loved it, but I never played RE4 until I had a wii. My friend who was ridiculously obsessed with the game who had it on Gamecube, PS2, beat it who knows how many times did knife runs, no merchant runs, whatever else the RE4 community (there is an actual community dedicated just to this game) did. He would come to my house and want to play RE4 because that's what he always did in his spare time, and he would actually hook up the GC controller to play it. The IR and motion controls felt unnatural to him. He was very used to dual analog, was perfect proficient with it, and had no desire to use the wiimote even when it was sitting next to him, and yes he did try it. He played the first few hours with it, and then went back to GC controls.

A person can say "oh, oh, it's the best, it's so much better" but it's still a matter of preference. Not everybody likes to use a keyboard and mouse combo either, even though from a utilitarian standpoint it blows both set ups out of the water in terms of what can be achieved in technical skill. But for a generation of gamers that grew up with dual analog, that's what feels natural and precise. I doubt the millions of people who buy RE5 will sit there wishing they had a wii mote or a mouse instead.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.