By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony abandons psp fans, focuses on their bleeding wound.

I get mad about sonys proprietary media storage stuff. God I want to smash my mini disc player, and my fucking camera...I have to Use a memory stick?!

Around the Network
narfwack said:
krimoz911 said:
narfwack said:
Orca_Azure said:
The psp really does outshine a ds. When compared- the psp has early ps2 graphics while the ds surpases N64 level graphics.

The psp can also double as a web browser, picture storer, music and video player. The ds- you can play pictochat with people 30 feet away which defeats the purpose really.

Nintendo just can't do wrong this generation. meh

fixed.

From Wikipedia :"the DS can also create three-dimensional graphics, similar to those of the Nintendo 64, although its lack of hardware support for texture filtering results in more pixelated graphics than on the Nintendo 64."

So no, it's a bit below N64.

Aside from the having so small a screen you probably couldn't even tell a difference between the DS and the n64, you can't tell me this trailer doesn't look better than most n64 games.

Yeah, it looks as good as some N64 games, but it doesn't surpass anything til it looks better than the best game on the console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BenVTrigger said:
yeah i like my psp way more than ps3 because to me the psp trumps the ds and the 360 is superior to the ps3 to me. I think there is a lot more they could have done with the psp that sony messed up on.

no way man. Ps3 = ultimate console.

On the OP .. I still think the psp is doing fairly good. I know i'll probably grab a possible psp2. Aslong as there is a second analogue stick. And perhaps better ergonomics when you hold it.

Check out my game about moles ^

lol in your dreams maybe! “Now, if sony would have bitten the bullet, and sold the psp for a slightly higher loss” you say?
lol why not produce something that can be sold for a good price and not lose anything on it? You know it is called being smart like Nintendo is! There is no way in hell they cold have beaten something new and innovative with something old and has been played for years before it already.

I wonder how the next gen PSP will be like as Sony has a lot they can copy now.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Only Sony games sell on PSP.

Sony is letting PSP go in PS3:s favour. Even if Sony would focus now on PSP, it would still be PS3 they'd need to make money with in few years, so they better build their future. Even Nintendo, despite DS and Wii printing money, have focused on Wii. Of course, DS doesn't have any problems with 3rd party support, unlike PSP, so the situation isn't exactly the same.

@Roma: It propably comes with a motion controller that you hold in your hand.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Indeed,many gaming sites said back in 2005 PSP will dominate handleds market.
I remember its price was 349€ at beginning.Wtf happend?Its 199€ now..

But PSP is pretty old now.Ds however keeps it fresh with nice anime styled graphs and Dual screen...
PSP is doing pretty awesome.In 2009 we have many big games coming.

Take my love, take my land..

I dunno

it doesn't sell SW so why willl SONY support it more than the PS3 which does sell software

PSP is by far the biggest Playstation system disappointment I have ever had (the only PS brand disappointment)

PSP will be seen as a black mark on the PS family name 10 - 15 years on from now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Simulacrum: 199? I haven't payed attention much to PSP price, but i've noticed they've been selling it below DS price, which would be 149-159€.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

@Simulacrum: 199? I haven't payed attention much to PSP price, but i've noticed they've been selling it below DS price, which would be 149-159€.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

This is terrible for PSP owners. PSP deserves more support than what it is getting from Sony.