By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony abandons psp fans, focuses on their bleeding wound.

UMD really, really sucks. In spite of that I still love my PSP.

It's like sleeping with someone who has a great body but an ugly face. Well, put a bag on that or turn off the lights and hit that shit!

Around the Network

i do somewhat agree with you there are very good game as mentioned above but as for future games theres not alot
only resistance retribution really stands out to me i hope more 1st party game are announced as they are higher quilty IMO

The psp really does outshine a ds. When compared- the psp has early ps2 graphics while the ds struggles with super nintendo level graphics.

The psp can also double as a web browser, picture storer, music and video player. The ds- you can play pictochat with people 30 feet away which defeats the purpose really.

Nintendo just can't do wrong this generation. meh

Orca_Azure said:

the psp has early ps2 graphics while the ds struggles with super nintendo level graphics.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Orca_Azure said:
The psp really does outshine a ds. When compared- the psp has early ps2 graphics while the ds struggles with super nintendo level graphics.

The psp can also double as a web browser, picture storer, music and video player. The ds- you can play pictochat with people 30 feet away which defeats the purpose really.

The only thing that matters is game library. And DS blows PSP out of the water in that department, hence why it's selling so good.

We know graphics and media features don't matter to the consumer judging by Wii and DS sales.

Around the Network

The biggest problem has been that UMD drive. From overcharging for movies to eating up battery life. It's just not an ideal format for a portable.

yeah i like my psp way more than ps3 because to me the psp trumps the ds and the 360 is superior to the ps3 to me. I think there is a lot more they could have done with the psp that sony messed up on.

Orca_Azure said:

You can web browse, store pictures, play music and play videos on the DS. As far as I know, the PSP doesn't have pictochat. 

HappySqurriel said:

The problem with the PSP was Sony delivered what they promised ... A "Portable PS2" sounds like a great idea to many people, but the kind of gameplay experience and features people want from a portable system are quite a bit different than what people want from a home console.

Wait, a PSP is like a portable PS2?  I thought it was like carpet... you could watch outside...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k93ZefqgmA0

that is the only thing people would want for Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX_3GEvF8RQ

I dont think Sony abandon PSP. PSP has alot of 1st and 2nd party games like God of War, Killzone, LocoRoco, Patapon, Ratchet and Clank, Daxter. At least PSP gave Nintendo a competitor. PSP is not just game portable but also can play music, video, mopvies, photo and even internet.