By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 on the path of The Sega Dreamcast?

markers said:
Just2Fresh said:

I want to get peoples opinions on wether they believe the Ps3 will eventually meet the same fate the Sega Dreamcast did back in 2001...

I have a Ps3 and had a 360(sold it) great system also....since Ps3 sales numbers have been horrible in the past couple of months and Sony posting HUGE losses financially. Do you believe the Ps3 will be haulted in Production and abandoned if this year is not good for it?

i have yet to see horrible numbers.

Guess you missed holiday 08

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
markers said:
Just2Fresh said:

I want to get peoples opinions on wether they believe the Ps3 will eventually meet the same fate the Sega Dreamcast did back in 2001...

I have a Ps3 and had a 360(sold it) great system also....since Ps3 sales numbers have been horrible in the past couple of months and Sony posting HUGE losses financially. Do you believe the Ps3 will be haulted in Production and abandoned if this year is not good for it?

i have yet to see horrible numbers.

Guess you missed holiday 08

What exactly are you're definetions of horrible? It didn't do as well as Wii or 360 but after the 360 price cuts, we all expecting the PS3 to be third this holiday.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well it did worse than last year, which is a depressing sign for any console in its 2nd or 3rd year.

Of course it did better last year because ps3 had a price cut last year just like how xbox is doing better now because it had a price cut simple as that.

It tracking at the same level as the 360 did in its first 2 yrs of sales. So NO.. its not a dreamcast, in terms of sales.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

no, i dont think so.

PLAYSTATION®3

XxXProphecyXxX said:
Of course it did better last year because ps3 had a price cut last year just like how xbox is doing better now because it had a price cut simple as that.

The 360 and Wii and have gained in sales each holiday season, regardless of pricecuts. So no, it's not just that simple.

OMG the PS3 is doomed, everybody run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errm no, the PS3 may not be doing great but it certainly won't be scraped, it has a decent install base and some really good games lined up.

How many thousands of these threads do we need?

Lock, please.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

dude sales numbers are not that bad.....