By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 on the path of The Sega Dreamcast?

PS3 on the path of the DC? No, DC sells 11 millions LTD, PS3 has a ten years life cycle, in PAL territories is only 2 years of 10, and software of PS3 sells very good, with a price cut of 100 $+GT5 and much more strong game PS3 has THE CHANCE comeback in game.

Around the Network

omg another article of bull. ps3 is doing extremely well. it only selling 30k-50k less than 360 a wk. being that the price diff is big and ps3 is making profit for sony. instead of worrying u should just get into playing games that wat we all want

I think a better analogy is that the PS3 is like the Saturn. Look at the similarities:

*both consoles are sequels to their companies' best selling, best supported consoles of all time

*both consoles launched at a higher price than their main competition

*both had the most powerful hardware during the year of their launch

*both companies juggle supporting their old popular console with promoting the newer more capable system, effectively competing against themselves

if sony never gave up on the ps3 when it sold like 60k a week world wide. they aint going to give up on it when it is selling like 130k

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Sony will be fine. You can't win every generation. Nintendo was king with the NES and SNES, then bombed with the N64 and GC. Now they're back on top with the Wii. The console war is cyclical. Sony won the last 2 generations. Nintendo will probably win this current generation. And who knows who will win the next? Sony is a big enough company that losing one generation is not going to cause them to have to leave the console business.

Around the Network
Infinity said:
I think a better analogy is that the PS3 is like the Saturn. Look at the similarities:

*both consoles are sequels to their companies' best selling, best supported consoles of all time

*both consoles launched at a higher price than their main competition

*both had the most powerful hardware during the year of their launch

*both companies juggle supporting their old popular console with promoting the newer more capable system, effectively competing against themselves

1. So? Your first point is true but holds so little relevance. Sega had only released 2 main consoles (not counting handhelds and lesser known add-ons) which were the Master System and the Genesis. The Master System got blitzed by the popularity of the NES, and the Genesis was the console you were referring to. The SNES was the sequel to Nintendo's best selling and arguably best supported home console, should it be compared to the Saturn?

2. Okay, let's look at prices the last two generations. The PS2 and the Xbox both launched to $300 (if I recall correctly) and were the first and second place consoles of last generation respectively. The Dreamcast and Gamecube were cheaper and didn't do so well. When you consider that the PS2 was selling for thousands on eBay, it could be considered the most expensive console of the last generation.

3. Ha ha, besides the Playstation?

4. Nintendo juggled both the GBA and DS, not to mention that Sony had to juggle both the Playstation 1 and 2 (remember Final Fantasy 9?).

BxN said:
Not this again.

No it's not and it will never be.

^ This

okay so its already doubled the dreamcast's sales, and about 1-2 million off the Gamecube so I'm gonna go ahead and say no to the opening question.

For the last time, the PS3 isn't going to get abandoned.

Is it just me that thinks the PS3 is doing fine, the reason why the PS3 looks like its doing bad is because of there competition is just doing very good.