By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the hype for Killzone2?

I'd say a lot of the hype comes from all the people who nitpick and doubt the game. Their arguments bring out the people who will defend the game and it escalates every time new media/information comes out. The people who are interested in Killzone 2 use the new media/information to refute the previous arguments from the doubters while the doubters expand on their nitpicks and negativity or find new things to attack and the process keeps going until where we are today.

Around the Network

I asked this question a while ago. I learned.

Killzone 2, simply, is an awesome game. It's not going to save the PS3, that's something 360 fanboys keep claiming the PS3 fans say, and I have never seen a PS3 fan saying Killzone 2 will save anything, but it will be extremely good.

It has better graphics than anything on 360. Boom.

It's an exclusive FPS that's excellent, and "AAA" which in today's terms means "90+ on metacritic". The PS3 now has one of these.

The cover system appears to work extremely well.

We have gotten nothing but unanimous approval from reviewers and beta testers alike.

But finally, and this is perhaps the most important, it broke out of a mold. The mold that all hyped PS3 exclusives will flop. MGS4 didn't flop, people called that a one off. LBP didn't flop, but of course it did, because it hasn't sold 10 million units yet. Now a third game hasn't flopped.

Killzone 2 is a lot harder to discount than MGS4 or LBP. First, all the other games "aren't AAA" which like I said has become "less than 90 on metacritic", even if some of them are 88 or 89, so they don't count.

MGS4 is clearly a movie, because it has cutscenes, despite the good 15 hours of gameplay and full online segment. It also has a bad story (apparently)

LBP, oh god. It's kiddy, casual, 2D, and hell, not even a game, but a level creation toolset. That one was too easy, because a lot of Sony fans thought that...before playing it and seeing how awesome it was.

Killzone 2, on the other hand, is difficult. It's an FPS, hardcore in every sense of the word, with incredible graphics, a seemingly great story, it's fast-paced, action packed, and it's been compared to Gears and Halo, and in many cases thought to be better.

When a game is compared to Gears and Halo, you can't discount it without discounting Gears and Halo.

So I suppose now, in the eyes of the 360 fanboys, the PS3 has ONE great exclusive. Just one.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LOL, play it then u will know why!

If u want a better reason, then look no further then the 360 fanboys who have craped on it since it's 1st showings. People are slowwwwwww learns indeed.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

cause it will be good! i for one am very excited about this game and i dont even own a PS3!!! yet. But when i get one im getting KZ2 MGS4 and LBP, and uncharted 1 &2 as well as Resistance 1 & 2 :)

Long Live SHIO!

I'm not hyped for it//I certainly liked the original Killzone on the PS3. I will not however be buying the game at launch but its a awesome game that I will own eventually.

Around the Network

Get a real tv watch the thing in action, then child you shall be closer to god then ever before.

Because it's a lot of fun to play.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Who cares whether it's hyped or not? If you like the game, then go out and buy it. If not, then go play something else. Screw the hype. In the end, all it matters is what YOU want to play.

Why all the hype on Halo 3, GeoW 1 and MGS4? Damn... It's like this is the first damn game to be hyped, and it's not even on the same scale as the three games I've mentioned. Let me shoot myself in the foot if it's uber hyped like Halo 3.

Hurry up Kill Zone 2 release date and then we can see an end of these annoying Kill Zone 2 threads popping up every hour. Kill Zone 2 threads are spreading like a virus on the internet.

How many Kill Zone 2 threads are there on VGChartz?

I google searched Kill Zone 2 the other day and it came up with 27 million hits.