By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the hype for Killzone2?

darthdevidem01 said:
as its so far the highest reviewed game of the year

+ after all the bashing SONY got after its initial CGI trailer

Killzone 2 seems to be living upto ALL THE HYPE shockingly enough

that made me laugh out loud. It's febuary 1st. BEST REVIEWED GAME OF THE MONTH OF JANUARY! Which is funny in and of itself because it doesn't come out until the end of this month.

It's hyped because Sony is hyping it, and PS3 fans want something to be hyped about. Simple as that. Even if it was a completely mediocre game (which it won't be) there would be ungodly amounts of hype for it for the same reason.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
as its so far the highest reviewed game of the year

+ after all the bashing SONY got after its initial CGI trailer

Killzone 2 seems to be living upto ALL THE HYPE shockingly enough

So.  It's not out yet.  It's living up to the hype?????

What the hell?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

@commando

ignoring the reviews are we

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

No. I'm saying its not OUT yet.

Something that isn't there can't live up to anything.

This is like Saying E.T. Lived up to the hype before it was released.

I don't see why people are already deeming it a success without a single copy sold. Thats ridiculous.

darthdevidem01 said:
@commando

ignoring the reviews are we

I'm buying the game day one, but reviews are just a lame excuse. Resistance 2 got great reviews (even better than KZ2 on some sites) and in hindsight is a really flawed game that draws alot of ire. GTA 4 almost became the highest reviewed game of all time and is looked back on as way overblown. History is a better judge than month early reviews on uber hyped games. Hype alone would get it solid 9s even if it was mediocre. Wait six months and we'll see.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

@The_vagabond

very positive online beta response FROM USERS

I agree with GTa 4 & Resistance 2 though

but LBP also got great reviews (that was brilliant), so did Zelda:OOT, so did many other games with such high reviews

So what's the response from Users playing K2?

Ohhh yeah thats right. There aren't any.

@commando

{sigh}

the online beta was very positively reviewed by users

Makingmusic made a thread about it

the denial is funny

darthdevidem01 said:
@The_vagabond

very positive online beta response FROM USERS

I agree with GTa 4 & Resistance 2 though

but LBP also got great reviews (that was brilliant), so did Zelda:OOT, so did many other games with such high reviews

Resistance 2 had incredibly positive feedback from it's beta users too. Hell, based on the Beta I thought it was going to be unfreaking believable (I was in the beta). I was wrong too, and wasn't alone.

The fact that LBP got good reviews and managed to be good and GTA4 got even better reviews and turned out meh in hindsight tells us what? Not to trust reviews alone, don't trust a handful of beta testers with a fraction of the game. Trust hindsight more than anything else.

Mmm...

Everyone has said it has deep online multiplayer and supurb singleplayer. But have any of you played the game yet? Isn't this the stuff that was said about Haze.

And I haven't listened to reviews since God Hand got a bad reviews XP

I'm not saying it'll be a bad game, but, I remember when Halo 3 was all hyped up, and, well, it ended up being mediocre IMO.

It does look beautiful though...