By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now The reviews are pouring in Predict Killzone 2 sales.......

I think that killzone 2 will sell at lease 1,5 M first week. And about 6-7 M lifetime (or even more). Its just the graphically best console game and many ps3 owners will buy it. Not only shooter fans,also shooter newbies who just want to see what the ps3 can do. Anyway, I dont worry much about killzone 2. It will sell millions easily

Around the Network

First week 450k, lifetime 3.5M.

It will have lower first week sales than MGS4, because it does not have much of a fanbase. However, they will still be a respectable 800k or so.

LT, it will destroy MGS4. It has been proven time and time again that shooters have legs. Strong legs. I would predict 4.5 million as a MINIMUM.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

550k-650k first week

3,8 mln LTD

I love how Madskillz announces that he's going to bookmark the thread and then makes predictions that are almost bound to fail. Are we so used to PS3 games selling below expectations that many of us actually believe it will sell in the area of the first Killzone? The hype is huge, the reviews are turning out well, and the graphics are groundbreaking for consoles. As much as I hate to draw comparisons, this all bears a strong resemblance to the first Gears of War. Some people might say that the hype is only centered in the internet, but how often is that not the case anyways? I don't remember Gears of War having much hype outside the internet until just before launch, nor Call of Duty 4 or Resistance: Fall of Man. Unless you ask enough people, you'll never really know. I've heard several people discussing Killzone 2, and the Superbowl ad will be shown to millions of Americans fitting the shooter demographic (males 16-30).

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
@ montana

But Gears 1 had KILLER marketing... the whole Mad World thing really was superbly done.. it also had a definable character lead... Im not sure if KZ2 has that?

Its fair to say though that if KZ2 doesnt do huge numbers on the PS3 its difficult to see what will. This is THE most hyed game since Halo3... and probably the second most costly after MGS4.

I don't know, maybe I was the only one who wasn't impressed by the Mad World commercial. The song was nice...but that was about it. Marcus was a decent lead but nothing impressive, not to mention that a lot of the emphasis was put on Delta Squad. I don't know about Killzone 2's main protagonists, but Visari is certainly an iconic villain.

kowenicki said:
@ montana...

well we all have our own tastes... but the Mad World ad was probably one of the best ever Game ads in my opinion... and it had people that didnt know gaming talking about it.

....still prefer the original version of Mad World (Tears for Fears) though

Lol, when I was a kid I used to listen to that and "Neverending Story" by Limahl, all the time! "Mad World" is actually a fantastic song imo. Have you heard the Springsteen song for the "The Wrestler" movie with Mickey Rourke btw? Best song I've heard in years and years.

can someone explain to me what LTD means because I thought it was life to date. What date are you guys predicting to? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say lifetime sales?

CGI: what date?

Alright, still think lifetime makes more sense than life to date because the term LTD assumes you are referencing the present date, but I'll stop arguing semantics.

I think it is rather bold for people to predict KZ2 outselling CoD4. If it does, it's as big as Gears, which would be a good sign for the PS3.

I guess Gran Turismo would be the Halo since FF (main) and GTA are multiplat now.