By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now The reviews are pouring in Predict Killzone 2 sales.......

650 k first week
3.5 million end of 2009

Around the Network

First week won't be too big, I expect 600K at most. Game will have very impressive legs though, around 4 million lifetime sales seem right.

i sed before 400k first week and i thought an average of about 83-84 review scores. Its gonna def be higher now mayby 92,93. So ill increase my estimate to 525k worlwide

3.5M - 4.5M

600K first week tops

3 million LTD tops

Around the Network
De85 said:
SnakeEyez said:
Don't expect big numbers first week. I said earlier like around 500-600k first week WW, and like 3 mil or so lifetime (on the safe side). This is the PS3 we're talking about, the sales are not front loaded like 360 games, it's all about legs when it comes to PS3 games. Hell, COD 4 sold 444k it's first week and went on to sell 4 mil (3.99m so far). I see this game having great legs based off of word of mouth, I think it has a chance to pass COD 4 LTD.

Careful with the implications there.  Just because 360 games have huge openings doesn't mean they don't have any legs.  CoD4, GTA4, and Assassin's Creed on 360 are all outlegging the PS3 versions, and Gears of War is still charting in its 116th week.

As for Killzone 2, I'm thinking around 600k first week and lifetime of 3-3.5M.

You misunderstood (or I worded it wrong). I know that 360 games have good legs, but what I was getting at is that unlike the 360, PS3 games tend to not have big openings and tend to sell alot based off legs. Uncharted reached 2 mil and it  had an awful opening.

NJ5 said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
+/- 3M

So it might sell 3M copies, or Sony may buy 3 million copies from retailers? :P

I think we call that "pack-ins".

axumblade said:
madskillz said:
Bookmarking this thread ...

Ah! The old "come back to the thread at a later date and make somebody eat crow trick!"

That's the only way to roll, son.

OT: I will revise my prediction:

I'll go with 550K first week, max 2 million lifetime without bundle, 3 million lifetime with bundle.

madskillz said:
axumblade said:
madskillz said:
Bookmarking this thread ...

Ah! The old "come back to the thread at a later date and make somebody eat crow trick!"

That's the only way to roll, son.

OT: I will revise my prediction:

I'll go with 550K first week, max 2 million lifetime without bundle, 3 million lifetime with bundle.

What games sell more than 25% of their lifetime sales the first week, outside of juggernauts like Halo, GTA, FF, and DQ, franchises that have humongous fanbases waiting to buy the game day one?

If it can manage 550k the first week, that guarantees the game at least 3 million in sales, if not 4-5 million.

450K first week

3 million LTD