By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now The reviews are pouring in Predict Killzone 2 sales.......

makingmusic476 said:
madskillz said:
axumblade said:
madskillz said:
Bookmarking this thread ...

Ah! The old "come back to the thread at a later date and make somebody eat crow trick!"

That's the only way to roll, son.

OT: I will revise my prediction:

I'll go with 550K first week, max 2 million lifetime without bundle, 3 million lifetime with bundle.

What games sell more than 25% of their lifetime sales the first week, outside of juggernauts like Halo, GTA, FF, and DQ, franchises that have humongous fanbases waiting to buy the game day one?

If it can manage 550k the first week, that guarantees the game at least 3 million in sales, if not 4-5 million.

@ Makingmusic - how are you doing? I think the steam for it will run out for it. I do think with COD4, Activision paved the way for COD5 and the awesome sales. I don't think KZ2 has that kind of following yet. I do believe if R2 didn't get catch lightning in the bottle, neither will KZ2. Maybe I am wrong, but we'll see.

And what in the devil is your avatar?!

Around the Network

I think it will track similar to the CoD games on the ps3. I do not think it will be bigger, that franchise has alot of clout.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

madskillz said:
makingmusic476 said:
madskillz said:
axumblade said:
madskillz said:
Bookmarking this thread ...

Ah! The old "come back to the thread at a later date and make somebody eat crow trick!"

That's the only way to roll, son.

OT: I will revise my prediction:

I'll go with 550K first week, max 2 million lifetime without bundle, 3 million lifetime with bundle.

What games sell more than 25% of their lifetime sales the first week, outside of juggernauts like Halo, GTA, FF, and DQ, franchises that have humongous fanbases waiting to buy the game day one?

If it can manage 550k the first week, that guarantees the game at least 3 million in sales, if not 4-5 million.

@ Makingmusic - how are you doing? I think the steam for it will run out for it. I do think with COD4, Activision paved the way for COD5 and the awesome sales. I don't think KZ2 has that kind of following yet. I do believe if R2 didn't get catch lightning in the bottle, neither will KZ2. Maybe I am wrong, but we'll see.

And what in the devil is your avatar?!

Well, even Resistance 2 is on track to sell over 3 million.  It's outpacing Uncharted, which is nearing 3 million.

And my issue is that you believed it would sell 550k the first week then die off at 2 million.  If it was only going to sell that much lifetime, it would likely only have a 150-200k opening week, if that.

And this is my avatar:

@ Makingmusic - No. I think folks who will buy the game will buy it early. It will get slower, and slower and slower. That's what I believe will go down.

Uncharted is an awesome game, but that too has been bundled. I think the game will be bundled when the legs start to fall out.

I thought your avatar was one of the Prophets from Halo. My bad.

There's almost no historical examples of such a thing happening outside of franchises like the ones I mentioned above, but alright...

And Uncharted broke 2 million in only a year, before it was bundled. The bundles only began at the tail end of last year, and only in NA. Plus, it was the $499 sku that included the game. I doubt those were selling very well.

Around the Network

I won't predict first week, it's end of february I'm not sure....

but I'll bet on this, by the end of september, KZ2 would have surpassed MGS4 total numbers (non bundled) during its first 6 months.

eliasg said:
imagine this game how well would have sold if it was multiplatform...

And ending crap on whichever console? I beg to differ.....

I don't think this will ever outsell Call of Duty 4. Not because COD is a better game, but because COD games seem to have an immense amount of recognition, and a player base that isn't open enough to games outside the COD universe. This is based on my anecdotal observations, but I would be really suprised to see this outsell COD4.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Too much nternet hype for me to make a reasonable prediction. I'm not sure how it looks to people who don't post GIFs in threads constantly.

That's a difficult one. But I'll try and predict 3.5m lifetime.