By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now The reviews are pouring in Predict Killzone 2 sales.......

makingmusic476 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
makingmusic476 said:
makingmusic476 said:

First week 350-400k

LTD- 3 million

And to those saying it will sell in cod 4 levels need to back off their computers for a while.

KZ2 is no cod.

No, it isn't.  But Call of Duty was never a 10+ million selling franchise until Call of Duty 4 came along.  It sold extremely well because it was a damn good title,and had great word of mouth. Not becasue of the past success of the franchise.

Killzone 2 will probably follow a similar fate, except the Helghast are far more marketable than anything Call of Duty has to offer.  It has the gameplay, and it has the graphics, and as we all know, shooters with great graphics sell shitloads, even if the gameplay is decidedly average (Crysis broke a million in three months, despite it's heft requirements).

Plus, Killzone has the benefit of being exclusive.  Any ps3/360 owners will have to get the game on ps3.

Killzone 2 has a very good chance of selling more than the ps3 version of Call of Duty 4.

Seriously though this is the exact samething that happened before lbp , seriously guys dont set youselves up for another "KZ2 IS A FLOP" thread.

Except LBP will break 2 million this week, will easily break 3 million by the end of this year, will break 4 million next year, and has a chance at hitting 5 million when all is said and done.

The issue with LBP is that people called it a flop after just a couple of weeks worth of sales. 

People will probably do the same for Killzone 2.  Call of Duty 4 took quite some time to get even close to 4 million (it's still not there yet), and the same will happen with Killzone 2.   It'll have LEGS.   It won't sell that much in just the first few weeks.

Stop trying to compare cod to killzone , they are on completly different planets in brand. Everyone who is a gamer knows the cod as a franchise and knew it was a quality fps franchise , the only problem was that it was stuck in WW2 until cod 4 and thats why cod 4 exploded in sales.

KZ2 is the new dog in everyones eyes , saying it will beat cod 4 sales is like saying fear 2 will beat cod 4 sales (Now what is the difference between these two games).

And dont take this the wrong way , the J man wants this game to be successful but seriously check yourself before you reck yourself.

If it was all about WWII vs modern combat, then Call of Duty: World at War would not be outpacing Call of Duty 4.

And whatever happened to LBP flopping, eh?

Because it was riding on the hype of cod 4 nothing more. COD 5 had a much better start than cod 4 because of the reason stated before and thats why it is outselling cod 4 in the same timeframe.

And when did the J man say lbp was a flop?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

It was implied:

Seriously though this is the exact samething that happened before lbp , seriously guys dont set youselves up for another "KZ2 IS A FLOP" thread.

i think it'll do a GeOW2 and sell 1mil+ first week and 7mil lifetime

Initiating social expirement #928719281

First week: 500,000-600,000

lifetime: 4 million

since i know someone is going to claim everyone had insane expectations i might as well have fun.

first week it will outsell halo3 s lifetime

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
since i know someone is going to claim everyone had insane expectations i might as well have fun.

first week it will outsell halo3 s lifetime

I say 20 million first day! thats right every PS3 owner is gonna rush out and buy it!

axumblade said:
Galaki said:

Users vs. Critics

Your point being? Metacritic gets hit hard by "user votes" that are from extremist fanboys.

Fanboys make me sick.

+/- 3M

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Garnett said:
axumblade said:
Galaki said:

Users vs. Critics

Your point being? Metacritic gets hit hard by "user votes" that are from extremist fanboys.

Fanboys make me sick.

Shameful indeed

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Gh0st4lifE said:
+/- 3M

So it might sell 3M copies, or Sony may buy 3 million copies from retailers? :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957