By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now The reviews are pouring in Predict Killzone 2 sales.......

Oh on predictions, regarding sales (excluding pre-orders):
Within the first 1/10000th of a second ZERO sales.

Anything else is just winging it. It is a large mix of hope and so on.

Around the Network

500k NA, 700 WW
2.5 mil - 3 mil

CGI-Quality said:
@ Numonex

How does Resistance 2 have ANYTHING to with Killzone 2?

Didn't Sony hype it up R2 and have expectations it would go toe to toe with Gears 2?  It is also a Sony franchise FPS.

Sony consistently heralded LBP as their biggest title of 2008.

1.5mil weeek1
LTD 5mil

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

I dunno, but certainly higher than Resistance 2 and LBP's first week...

makingmusic476 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

First week 350-400k

LTD- 3 million

And to those saying it will sell in cod 4 levels need to back off their computers for a while.

KZ2 is no cod.

No, it isn't.  But Call of Duty was never a 10+ million selling franchise until Call of Duty 4 came along.  It sold extremely well because it was a damn good title,and had great word of mouth. Not becasue of the past success of the franchise.

Killzone 2 will probably follow a similar fate, except the Helghast are far more marketable than anything Call of Duty has to offer.  It has the gameplay, and it has the graphics, and as we all know, shooters with great graphics sell shitloads, even if the gameplay is decidedly average (Crysis broke a million in three months, despite it's heft requirements).

Plus, Killzone has the benefit of being exclusive.  Any ps3/360 owners will have to get the game on ps3.

Killzone 2 has a very good chance of selling more than the ps3 version of Call of Duty 4.

Seriously though this is the exact samething that happened before lbp , seriously guys dont set youselves up for another "KZ2 IS A FLOP" thread.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

makingmusic476 said:

First week 350-400k

LTD- 3 million

And to those saying it will sell in cod 4 levels need to back off their computers for a while.

KZ2 is no cod.

No, it isn't.  But Call of Duty was never a 10+ million selling franchise until Call of Duty 4 came along.  It sold extremely well because it was a damn good title,and had great word of mouth. Not becasue of the past success of the franchise.

Killzone 2 will probably follow a similar fate, except the Helghast are far more marketable than anything Call of Duty has to offer.  It has the gameplay, and it has the graphics, and as we all know, shooters with great graphics sell shitloads, even if the gameplay is decidedly average (Crysis broke a million in three months, despite it's heft requirements).

Plus, Killzone has the benefit of being exclusive.  Any ps3/360 owners will have to get the game on ps3.

Killzone 2 has a very good chance of selling more than the ps3 version of Call of Duty 4.

Seriously though this is the exact samething that happened before lbp , seriously guys dont set youselves up for another "KZ2 IS A FLOP" thread.

Except LBP will break 2 million this week, will easily break 3 million by the end of this year, will break 4 million next year, and has a chance at hitting 5 million when all is said and done.

The issue with LBP is that people called it a flop after just a couple of weeks worth of sales. 

People will probably do the same for Killzone 2.  Call of Duty 4 took quite some time to get even close to 4 million (it's still not there yet), and the same will happen with Killzone 2.   It'll have LEGS.   It won't sell that much in just the first few weeks.

I just double checked my numbers. Uncharted managed to sell 1.7-1.8 million in 2008. LBP is tracking well above Uncharted in weekly sales. LBP could sell over 2 million this year, putting it at 4 million by the end of 2009!

Flop my ass.

Edit: Though my gut tells me it won't get much further than 3.6 million by the end of the year.

makingmusic476 said:
I just double checked my numbers. Uncharted managed to sell 1.7-1.8 million in 2008. LBP is tracking well above Uncharted in weekly sales. LBP could sell over 2 million this year, putting it at 4 million by the end of 2009!

Flop my ass.

Thats not a statement one should say if imprisoned.

Tease.