By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: one of the most over rated serie of all time.

Im kinda sick of the excessive moaning from TP.

Btw, isn't Link considered to be gay by many people? Can anyone confirm or deny this? If its true then IMO thats great...

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Im kinda sick of the excessive moaning from TP.

Btw, isn't Link considered to be gay by many people? Can anyone confirm or deny this? If its true then IMO thats great...

Well..... if u go by "drawn together"

Kasz216 said:

Zelda was the action/adventure game.

The NES games were amazing... and Ocarina of time was the first one to get that genre right in 3D.

Zelda basically set the sage for all 3D action adventure games.

It's the same reason why games like Mario Brothers and Mario 64 are rated so high...

They were the first ones to get it right and because of that were constantly cloned and copied.

funny... someone here was trying to tell me Crash sets the standard for 3D platformers, not Mario 64.

On topic:

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but OP should at least provide some solid reasoning behind the topic. As it is right now, it looks like he is just trying to start flame wars.

Does this mean I can make threads to say FF series or MGS series is one of the most overrated series of all time because I didn't find them amazing after I play them?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:

Does this mean I can make threads to say FF series or MGS series is one of the most overrated series of all time because I didn't find them amazing after I play them?

Threads saying the bolded seriessucks are restricted to every Thursday, while underlined series threads are only permitted every other Tuesday. We got sick and tired of those too, you see.

Which is part of why this thread amuses me: Tremble would almost certainly brush those opinions off as meaningless, likely even trolling, but that didn't stop him from starting this one!

Just like any great series, it has its awesome games and mediocre games.

Around the Network

I like it. but I find the Story lines for most of the games : Extremely dull. The game play feels re-used again and again. For me it's just something to pass the time.

4 ≈ One

these days i seem to be finding a lot more people all the time that i am gonna completely ignore all their posts because their idiots. (or just our opinions apparantly are so different that anything you say is of no importance to me)

strangly enough these seem to be the same Sony fanboys I was ignoring before hand. I feel they just are creating topics to try and flame the Wii cause they are little kids that didn't get their way

irstupid said:
these days i seem to be finding a lot more people all the time that i am gonna completely ignore all their posts because their idiots. (or just our opinions apparantly are so different that anything you say is of no importance to me)

strangly enough these seem to be the same Sony fanboys I was ignoring before hand. I feel they just are creating topics to try and flame the Wii cause they are little kids that didn't get their way

You think so????

zexen_lowe said:
I can't say if the series is overrated or not, I can only say that the only Zelda I've played (Ocarina of Time) for me is definitely overrated. Good game, sure, can't deny that, but I haven't found anything memorable of it, let alone anything to consider it one of the best games ever.
I dunno, I can't say many bad things about the game, as there aren't many, the problem is that I can't say many good things either (except that the boomerang was awesome). It's just a good game for me

OK I will just say htis. Everyones taste in games are different some people like action games others prefer more adventure. Some people like third person others like first person. It is all a matter of taste. It depends what you are looking for when you play a game.

It is the same way with movies. Some like fantasy others sci fi others like Rom coms and others still like mysteries or thrillers. A person who likes fantasy may not like a drama about 18th century socialite women and vice versa. Again a matter of taste.

However some films and games that either form, break or trascend  their genre incoporate ideas/things/elements from other genres some that you probably like. Even more importantly the very best and the biggest classics in either medium influence pratically every other game/movie that comes out to a certain extent.

You don't have to like Zelda any zelda that is a matter of taste. It is however not overrated. Its influence like the original 8-bit SMB and Zelda as well as their 64 bit counterparts were the quintessential seedlings for the Hardcore 3-D games we play today. The camera control system in OoT may seem insignificant to us today but it was revolutionary back then.

Look I think FF7 is severely over-rated as a game. I can sit here and rattle on about the story or characters being boring. The back drops that was like playing a third person Myst or Kings Adventure Steam Punk Adventure. Or I coudl talk about how it brought about Cinematic gaming and pushed forward story driven games that eventually moved beyond the RPG spectrum. No for all my dislike of FF7 and even for the fact that is no where near the best Final Fantasy I can not say it is over rated it bought something to the industry that has lasted through time.

In this way SM64 and OoT are not over rated...One could argue Goldeneye as well but while I loved GE killed many hours on it there really isn't anything that GE bought to the table that Half Life didn't do...except perhaps introduce consoles to FPSs and show licensed games did not have to suck

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/14063.html

No, it's not over-rated. Maybe you just suck at solving complex games that require that much effort of you.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!