By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: one of the most over rated serie of all time.

HappySqurriel said:

I can understand someone not liking The Legend of Zelda, or someone having a preference for another game, because everyone has different tastes but in no way should it ever be considered "Average" ... There are certain series (Mario, Metal Gear Solid, The Legend of Zelda, etc.) that have built a massive following because they are widely considered the best game in their genre and they are the game that defined and continues to redefine the genre.

One could make the argument that being the best in a genre is not an inherently good thing, especially when "best" in this case often means "embodying qualities normally associated with that genre". If you don't like running and jumping, or going on adventures through caves, or watching movies, there are ways in which you could see those as intrinsically negative values.

Around the Network

I'm really interested

in seeing all those Action Adventure series that are as good, or close to as good, as Zelda. Honestly, I can only think of 1 that comes close...

So please, list them - because I want to play them.

Other than that, I can understand not liking Zelda.

- It is relatively slow

- It isn't very hard (to you, I assume you're a better gamer than most people, as you're hardcore (no offense))

- It is a bit more of the same. Apart from being a Wolf/goron/deku/Zora, the gameplay has been pretty much the same (heavily improved, but it has been 10 years... You ought to expect some improvements). If you didn't like the gameplay a lot to being with (a bit too slow maybe?), chances are you wouldn't like the later ones either.

You know what? I don't know why Zelda is indeed the greatest gaming series ever. There's no reason to it. The fighting isn't phenomenal, the puzzles are matches in other games, the story isn't fantastic... It just doesn't add up.

So I have to say that there are 2 things that are really great about Zelda (for me).

1. The adventuring. You're always exploring, and it's always new. No other game matches it on this.

2. The music. Oh, god it's amazing. I find the Zelda music better than any "real" music. I'd play Superman 64 if it had these lyrics.

I'm happy and in a good mood whenever I play a Legend of Zelda title. Very few titles manage to do that to me.

So thinking of it, I change the 2 things.

1. The adventuring

2. The mood.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Tremble said:
I have to say it! I really don't understand what's so great about this serie. Yeah it's pleasant, but there is nothing AMAZING with zelda games. It's just one of those average action/adventure game. I played zelda 64 a long long time game and yes, I had a good time, but nothing really amazing. Then, when I had a gamecube, I bought the windwaker, and I didn't even finish it. I think that zelda is loved because it's one of the nintendo "all time" serie and the only action/adventure serie on the console. If you own a nintendo system, you HAVE to love zelda/mario/metroid etc etc etc

SHUT THE f*** UP!!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Why is this still open now?

Locked.

Oyvoyvoyv what did you think of Phantom Hourglass? I remember you calling it the worst handheld Zelda - but it's the only one I've ever played.