By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: one of the most over rated serie of all time.

yea, don't feel like searching or what not for quotes, but some ones i recal reading today included things such as someone saying they played 2 hours of Zelda for the Wii and thought it sucked so quit and never played further, another person said that RE games were RPG's when saying which RPG's the PS3 has. One person saying he moves ps3 games and accessories in front of others when at stores so to show off ps3 things and hide others.

many reasons i'm sure why it doesn't seem hard to read their posts and get a giggle but no credibility

Around the Network

Well I think that as far as critic reviews, I agree that OOT - Wind Waker is overrated. I accept that people love the games and favor them, but me personally, as I have stated before, I feel they can be rather chorelike, constraining, and inhabited by camera issues. I feel they lack the greatness of the originals.

Note: I did not get to far in Wind Waker due to the fact I kept FALLING ASLEEP while "playing" it. I find it pretty sad.

I feel the newer Zeldas attempt to be a platformer more than action adventure and thats where I feel Zelda misses the mark. Or platformer hybrid really. the fact that you jump platforms, but don't have a jump button, to me was a historically REdiculous and stupid deciscion and I hate it.

Now,
Why I think the the series is NOT overrated. Obviously the richness of past and more current 2D Zeldas. Four Swords showed that the series can still be as great as it can in 2D. Also Twilight Princess -IMO- is a much more *fixed version of a 3D Zelda game. SO to me not all the games are underpar with what is expected of them.

* in terms of the fact that I ran into less camera issues and didn't jump when was supposed to and was less borish, i.e. my usual complaints were fairly subdued.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

mmnin said:
Just like any great series, it has its awesome games and mediocre games.

I actually disagree with this.  I can't think of a single mediocre (Nintendo-published) Zelda game.  Even all the handheld ones are fried gold.  Go play Oracle of Ages today!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I have to say this, I was never a fan of Zelda except the first one.

I just could never get into it, although I still appreciate it being an amazing series.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Commando said:
Well I think that as far as critic reviews, I agree that OOT - Wind Waker is overrated. I accept that people love the games and favor them, but me personally, as I have stated before, I feel they can be rather chorelike, constraining, and inhabited by camera issues. I feel they lack the greatness of the originals.

Note: I did not get to far in Wind Waker due to the fact I kept FALLING ASLEEP while "playing" it. I find it pretty sad.

I feel the newer Zeldas attempt to be a platformer more than action adventure and thats where I feel Zelda misses the mark. Or platformer hybrid really. the fact that you jump platforms, but don't have a jump button, to me was a historically REdiculous and stupid deciscion and I hate it.

Now,
Why I think the the series is NOT overrated. Obviously the richness of past and more current 2D Zeldas. Four Swords showed that the series can still be as great as it can in 2D. Also Twilight Princess -IMO- is a much more *fixed version of a 3D Zelda game. SO to me not all the games are underpar with what is expected of them.

* in terms of the fact that I ran into less camera issues and didn't jump when was supposed to and was less borish, i.e. my usual complaints were fairly subdued.

So because it has jumping, it's a platformer?  All action/adventure games have you moving between platforms at some time or another.

And TP was very similar to OoT, except with much larger (and much emptier) environments, a wolf form, and less interesting characters (the Sages kind've necessitated the inclusion of various interesting characters, but you also had the guys at Lon Lon Ranch, the grave keeper, etc.).

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Commando said:

Now,

So because it has jumping, it's a platformer?  All action/adventure games have you moving between platforms at some time or another.

And TP was very similar to OoT, except with much larger (and much emptier) environments, a wolf form, and less interesting characters (the Sages kind've necessitated the inclusion of various interesting characters, but you also had the guys at Lon Lon Ranch, the grave keeper, etc.).

This is actually a strong point of Phantom Hourglass, too. Fewer characters but each is fairly memorable.

Twilight Princess' cast in my mind comes down to basically Link, Zelda, Midna, Ilia, Ganondorf, Zant, and the Other Wolf. Considering how huge that cast was, it's kind of odd.

I finished Wind Waker and thought it was very good. I could not get into Ocarina of Time. I also tried those two intertwined games on Game boy Color but failed to complete either one. Overall I think its a good series but it's not for me.

ITs not the fact that it HAS jumping that makes it a platformer its that it has A LOT of jumping, the dungeon levels are primarilly concerned with jumping from various platforms in addition to the puzzle in order to pass through the rooms. So yeah I consider that a push towards the platforming genre.

: I don't feel the need to answer the second part of your post. .... I mean, .. yeah just in reading what you typed I'm kinda confused, but I think I stated what I meant pretty well.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:
Commando said:

Now,

This is actually a strong point of Phantom Hourglass, too. Fewer characters but each is fairly memorable.

Twilight Princess' cast in my mind comes down to basically Link, Zelda, Midna, Ilia, Ganondorf, Zant, and the Other Wolf. Considering how huge that cast was, it's kind of odd.

Overall, how would you compare PH to the other Zeldas in the series?

I'm currently in the dungeon on the island with the wind (Isle of Gusts?).

Commando said:
ITs not the fact that it HAS jumping that makes it a platformer its that it has A LOT of jumping, the dungeon levels are primarilly concerned with jumping from various platforms in addition to the puzzle in order to pass through the rooms. So yeah I consider that a push towards the platforming genre.

: I don't feel the need to answer the second part of your post. .... I mean, .. yeah just in reading what you typed I'm kinda confused, but I think I stated what I meant pretty well.

You claimed that the Ocarina of Time was overrated, then claimed that Twilight Princess fixed many of the series' problems.  I merely pointed out that the two games are quite similar, and that the Ocarina of Time has certain advantages over it's successor.  :P