By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: PSP2 is coming!

I have to agree, too early.

Around the Network

DS says bring it on.

I would love a link to the source. Who are these "credible sources?"

Pixel Art can be fun.

Well this may be a bad move or good move depending on how they do this.

Great to see Sony not killing off there PlayStation Portable line, its truly a powerful and great device.

So this is confirmed now?

DS would like to say hi!

Around the Network

I don't think it is on the Horizon. Something I would like to see in both next gen handheld's is Mobile Internet. Or at least the option to pay monthly for it. Phones have it and work fine. There are many times where I thought it would be useful to use my DS or PSP to surf the internet anywhere or play online games anywhere I wanted.

Make the screen bigger and make the media solid state please. The UMD format sux!

Nintendo DS is now at ca. 100 million units sold. DS will sell 160 to 180 million units before any PSP2 launch. Nintendo will then release a new handheld that is as powerful as the Original Xbox. 'DS2' will sell more than 200 million units during the handheld's lifespan.

There is no doubt, a PSP is coming, of course! If they're working on it right now, I think it could be available mid-2010 in japan and late 2010-early 2011 for US and europe! I bought the psp day one and I have to say that I can't wait to play with its little sister.

Touchscreen+second analog stick+improved graphics capabilities = Epic win.

Only two things I wish:

- correct price: 250€+ one free game (like wiisport)
- Better line up than the PSP had: gran turismo mobile (probably delayed for the PSP2)+ SE RPG (why not another FFXIII?)+ good plateformer!

C'mon sony you can do it.

And for people who say it's too early, sony's in trouble etc etc: Guys, sony's a company, they need to launch new stuff to get the money back. Waiting with their current products won't help them, they need to move on.

alfredofroylan said:
Fix the bloody D-Pad or no buy.

The D-Pad was fine, I just want dual joysticks. Shooters suck with just 1 joystick nowadays.