By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: PSP2 is coming!

Its just about the right time for these rumors to start popping up if they're looking at a holiday 2010 launch.

Here's the rough schedule: We ignore the rumors for the next 6 months... Until they heat up a bit, leading into a late 2009 announcement... At E3 2010 they make the case for launch with a bunch of games, half of which will be delayed, and give people the first hands on time... And then it launches in the last week of November, 2010.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

With Nintendo just now bringing out the DSi, it will be a while before the DS2 comes out, now would be an awesome time to bring out a PSP2 with multitouch functionality as long as its backwards compatible. Sony could be back in this game if they do. But the chances are much higher that they will mess their chances up if recent history is any indication.

Tremble said:
There is no doubt, a PSP is coming, of course! If they're working on it right now, I think it could be available mid-2010 in japan and late 2010-early 2011 for US and europe! I bought the psp day one and I have to say that I can't wait to play with its little sister.

Touchscreen+second analog stick+improved graphics capabilities = Epic win.

Only two things I wish:

- correct price: 250€+ one free game (like wiisport)
- Better line up than the PSP had: gran turismo mobile (probably delayed for the PSP2)+ SE RPG (why not another FFXIII?)+ good plateformer!

C'mon sony you can do it.

And for people who say it's too early, sony's in trouble etc etc: Guys, sony's a company, they need to launch new stuff to get the money back. Waiting with their current products won't help them, they need to move on.

Well Sony actually lose a shit load of money each time they release a new hardware these last years...

Hey sony how about this one: Why not produce one profitable system instead of two making loss? At least you can not fell reap off when buying a PS3...

alfredofroylan said:
Fix the bloody D-Pad or no buy.

Hell yes. Gradius Collection is unplayable unless you cut a round cardboard piece and tape it on the original d-pad!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Ah Sony, it's a lonely path following Nintendo's wake.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

I've heard it's going to be bundled with Kid Icarus.

releasing it now is only going to kill it.
The ds still hasn't hit its prime, dragon quest is coming out in japan soon, dsi is launching in the Americas and europe.

all of these will contribute so psp 2's death

hello how are you.

Another analog stick would really open up the market for Halo and Call of Duty fans!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

coolestguyever said:
alfredofroylan said:
Fix the bloody D-Pad or no buy.

The D-Pad was fine, I just want dual joysticks. Shooters suck with just 1 joystick nowadays.

It was, but they should have added two.

I'm feel certain that Sony is looking into a PSP-2. I'm also fairly certain that its not even complete on the drawing table yet, and that its not "coming soon".

The PSP-1 has been wildly successful, given Nintendo's absolute dominance of the handheld market... basically forever... until recently, where their dominance has waned from "absolute dominance" to "pretty much mostly sorta dominance".

I will score a PSP-2 the day it shows... or within a few months anyhow. I hope it has UMD BC.